Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why no TOSHINDEN for PS2???

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 2:55:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!

Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
the Playstation 2????

More about : toshinden ps2

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 6:52:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1112853310.262633.202040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
> playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
>
> Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
> the Playstation 2????
>

Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and DOA, that's why.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 9:32:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:HOb5e.10874$FN4.4484@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>
> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1112853310.262633.202040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
>> playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
>>
>> Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
>> the Playstation 2????
>>
>
> Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat, that's why.

I fixed you response :-)
DOA is horrible as a fighting game.
I had more fun playing Toshiden.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 9:32:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
news:UvWdnSEATfOcOsjfRVn-qA@suscom.com...
>
> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:HOb5e.10874$FN4.4484@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:1112853310.262633.202040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>> Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
>>> playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
>>>
>>> Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
>>> the Playstation 2????
>>>
>>
>> Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat, that's why.
>
> I fixed you response :-)
> DOA is horrible as a fighting game.
> I had more fun playing Toshiden.

Actually, how well did Toshinden 3 (?) sell? That's probably all there is
to it. Bad sales of the last in the series and they gave up.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 8:57:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
news:UvWdnSEATfOcOsjfRVn-qA@suscom.com...
>
> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:HOb5e.10874$FN4.4484@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:1112853310.262633.202040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>> Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
>>> playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
>>>
>>> Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
>>> the Playstation 2????
>>>
>>
>> Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat, that's why.
>
> I fixed you response :-)
> DOA is horrible as a fighting game.

I have to disagree... Great character modeling, Great environments,
Innovative destructable environments... Great reversals... sure it's easier
than the Tekken reversals... but if the point of the game was to be hard,
then *insert game name here* would be the greatest game ever!

Battle Arena Toshinden was a horrible 3D fighter... plain and simple.





> I had more fun playing Toshiden.

That's *your* problem
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 10:48:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:qbo5e.21114$zl.9071@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
> "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
> news:UvWdnSEATfOcOsjfRVn-qA@suscom.com...
>>
>> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:HOb5e.10874$FN4.4484@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>>>
>>> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> news:1112853310.262633.202040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>>> Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
>>>> playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
>>>>
>>>> Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
>>>> the Playstation 2????
>>>>
>>>
>>> Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat, that's why.
>>
>> I fixed you response :-)
>> DOA is horrible as a fighting game.
>
> I have to disagree... Great character modeling, Great environments,
> Innovative destructable environments... Great reversals... sure it's
> easier than the Tekken reversals...

It was toooooo easy.
A 5 year old could do a reversal.
I use to beat people without having to hit them, I would simply just do
reversals all day long.

>> I had more fun playing Toshiden.

> That's *your* problem


I don't see how it's a problem dude, it was just more fun *at the time it
was released* (DOA was released at a time Tekken, SC and VF) as to when the
DOA series was launched. I also liked how Toshiden had street fighter styled
motions in a 3d realm. thought that in itself was kewl.

no need to be rude mr meanie
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 4:28:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

Boody Bandit wrote:

> >> I had more fun playing Toshiden.
>
> > That's *your* problem
>
>
> I don't see how it's a problem dude, it was just more fun *at the
time it
> was released* (DOA was released at a time Tekken, SC and VF) as to
when the
> DOA series was launched. I also liked how Toshiden had street fighter
styled
> motions in a 3d realm. thought that in itself was kewl.
>
> no need to be rude mr meanie

Boody Bandit,
I agree with you about Toshinden. I cracked out all three games
last night and played for a couple of hours. Not only was this series
great, even the very first Toshinden, which was a launch title is STILL
GREAT. This months EGM has that game listed as the most "over rated"
game of all time. I disagree. Back in 1995, the world had never seen
anything like it on a home console.
One problem I have though, BB, if you care to comment is that in
the first game, SOFIA was obviously a russian lady, speaking with a
thick russian accent. And by the third game she sounded like a 15 YEAR
OLD american teenageer! What's up with that anyway? Still an awesome
game though.
!