Why no TOSHINDEN for PS2???

Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!

Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
the Playstation 2????
6 answers Last reply
More about toshinden

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
    > playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
    >
    > Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
    > the Playstation 2????

    Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and DOA, that's why.

    "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
    >> playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
    >>
    >> Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
    >> the Playstation 2????
    >>

    > Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat, that's why.

    I fixed you response :-)
    DOA is horrible as a fighting game.
    I had more fun playing Toshiden.

    "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>> Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
    >>> playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
    >>>
    >>> Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
    >>> the Playstation 2????
    >>>

    >> Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat, that's why.
    >
    > I fixed you response :-)
    > DOA is horrible as a fighting game.
    > I had more fun playing Toshiden.

    Actually, how well did Toshinden 3 (?) sell? That's probably all there is
    to it. Bad sales of the last in the series and they gave up.

    "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message

    > "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>> Battle Arena Toshinden was an impressive launch title for the
    >>> playstation, and spawned 2 sequels as well as arcade games!
    >>>
    >>> Why is it then, that this classic playstation fighter never appeared on
    >>> the Playstation 2????
    >>>

    >> Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat, that's why.
    >
    > I fixed you response :-)
    > DOA is horrible as a fighting game.

    I have to disagree... Great character modeling, Great environments,
    Innovative destructable environments... Great reversals... sure it's easier
    than the Tekken reversals... but if the point of the game was to be hard,
    then *insert game name here* would be the greatest game ever!

    Battle Arena Toshinden was a horrible 3D fighter... plain and simple.

    > I had more fun playing Toshiden.

    That's *your* problem

    > "Boody Bandit" <lightenup@francis.news> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blackhole34@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message

    >>> Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat, that's why.
    >>
    >> I fixed you response :-)
    >> DOA is horrible as a fighting game.
    >
    > I have to disagree... Great character modeling, Great environments,
    > Innovative destructable environments... Great reversals... sure it's
    > easier than the Tekken reversals...

    It was toooooo easy.
    A 5 year old could do a reversal.
    I use to beat people without having to hit them, I would simply just do
    reversals all day long.

    >> I had more fun playing Toshiden.

    > That's *your* problem

    I don't see how it's a problem dude, it was just more fun *at the time it
    was released* (DOA was released at a time Tekken, SC and VF) as to when the
    DOA series was launched. I also liked how Toshiden had street fighter styled
    motions in a 3d realm. thought that in itself was kewl.

    no need to be rude mr meanie
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Boody Bandit wrote:

    > >> I had more fun playing Toshiden.
    >
    > > That's *your* problem
    >

    > I don't see how it's a problem dude, it was just more fun *at the
    time it
    > was released* (DOA was released at a time Tekken, SC and VF) as to
    when the
    > DOA series was launched. I also liked how Toshiden had street fighter
    styled
    > motions in a 3d realm. thought that in itself was kewl.
    >
    > no need to be rude mr meanie

    Boody Bandit,
    I agree with you about Toshinden. I cracked out all three games
    last night and played for a couple of hours. Not only was this series
    great, even the very first Toshinden, which was a launch title is STILL
    GREAT. This months EGM has that game listed as the most "over rated"
    game of all time. I disagree. Back in 1995, the world had never seen
    anything like it on a home console.
    One problem I have though, BB, if you care to comment is that in
    the first game, SOFIA was obviously a russian lady, speaking with a
    thick russian accent. And by the third game she sounded like a 15 YEAR
    OLD american teenageer! What's up with that anyway? Still an awesome
    game though.

Console Gaming PlayStation Games Video Video Games