Networking Home Computers with Dial-up

I have Windows XP Home on a personal computer, and XP Pro
on laptop, and can use dial-up internet access, due to
location. My question is how can I have both on line at
the same time, and what, if anything, do I need to
purchase and do to allow this to happen. (Please go into
detail, as I am quite computer illiterate.)

Hi,

You can share internet connection using the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). For this, both the machines need to have
a network card installed. Open control panel > network and internet connections > network connections and right click on
the dial-up connection icon. Flip to the advanced tab and check 'allow other network users to connect...'

You will have to have both the machines networked properly so that they can see each other (consult help and support
center to see how to network two computers). After this, you should be able to access the internet simultaneously from
both the machines.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User