Slabz

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: December

Budget Range: 50,000+ php

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, gaming, gaming, school work

Parts Not Required: Operating System (Windows 7 Ultimate x64)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: PCHub (http://www.tipidpc.com/useritems.php?username=PCHub)

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, Nvidia GPU

Overclocking: Maybe, in the future.

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: No monitor yet.

Additional Comments: I want it to stay cool even when playing hardcore games for long hours.

So, here are the parts that i have chosen:

Motherboard-

CPU- Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked 3.3GHz (Quad Core) PHP 9999.00

CPU Cooler- Cooler Master (Hyper 212 Plus) CPU Cooler PHP 1350.00

RAM- G.Skill RipJaws X 8gb (dual) ddr3 1600 (F3 12800CL9D 8GBXL) PHP 2180.00

Video Card- EVGA GTX 560 Ti 1GB/256bit DS Super Clocked (SC) ddr5 PHP 12200.00

Hard Drive- 1tb WDC Caviar Black (WD1002FAEX) 64mb sata dual processor hdd PHP 7,110

Optical Drive-

Case-

Power Supply- Corsair 600watts (GS600) 80PLUS PHP 3740.00

Sound Card-

Keyboard-

Mouse-

Monitor-

Speakers-

Thanks!

I will just say a couple things and you can check your preferred website to see if they have it

Cases - Lian Li and Cooler Master 912, 922, and HAF X are what I see a lot of people recommending around here. I don't have experience with any of those, but I did order me a new Lian Li case this last Monday.

Corsair 600w. This is good, stay with it.

Sound Card - Overrated, onboard sound is probably good enough. Just don't order one until you try the onboard sound and determine whether it is good enough for you. Realistically, it is good enough for about 95% of people I would guess.

Keyboard / Mouse - Logitech makes good stuff, but for the most part these are commodities. Just take whatever has the lowest price and it will probably be good enough. I have mice that I never use that have like 8 buttons on them. Regardless how many they have I only ever really use 2 and sometimes the scroll wheel.

Monitor - Mostly the same thing. Commodity purchase for most people. Figure out what size you want and then shop around for the lowest price. Once you find it, check the reviews to ensure that lots of people aren't complaining about it and if they aren't you are probably fine.

Speakers - I mostly just use my computer with the sound completely off so I am not the best judge, but for the times when I do need to use sound I have one of those sound bars for my DELL monitor that attaches to the bottom of the monitor. I love it. I would suggest one of these for everybody.

Slabz

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
@Raiddinn Yeah, they have those cases but i'm not sure what case to choose yet. Please suggest a motherboard guys and a case as well. I won't get a sound card and speakers anymore.

Motherboard-

CPU- Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked 3.3GHz (Quad Core) PHP 9999.00

CPU Cooler- Cooler Master (Hyper 212 Plus) CPU Cooler PHP 1350.00

RAM- G.Skill RipJaws X 8gb (dual) ddr3 1600 (F3 12800CL9D 8GBXL) PHP 2180.00

Video Card- EVGA GTX 560 Ti 1GB/256bit DS Super Clocked (SC) ddr5 PHP 12200.00

Hard Drive- 1tb WDC Caviar Black (WD1002FAEX) 64mb sata dual processor hdd PHP 7,110

Optical Drive-

Case-

Power Supply- Corsair 600watts (GS600) 80PLUS PHP 3740.00

Keyboard and Mouse- Logitech (MK120) Business Desktop Keyboard + Optical Mouse PHP 580.00

Monitor- Samsung 18.5" (S19A300B) LCD, LED PHP 4850.00

Really the motherboard doesn't matter super much.

If I knew more about your future plans with the PC I could tell you a bit better.

I will assume for now that you don't intend to add a second video card at the same time or that you won't want to put crazy amounts of RAM in it.

If so, this motherboard is probably good enough

GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

I can think of a dozen things off the top of my head that I would rather do to cause pain and suffering for myself than to use that user unfriendly website to do comparison shopping.

I did a quick scan for a name I recognized as good and the first thing I came across was this

ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I would rather teach you how to fish rather than handing you a possibly not cost effective fish, but if you want to be handed a fish there you go.

- Edit - In case it isn't clear. I can't guarantee that the one I wrote is a good deal or not. There may be better deals available but I refuse to look for them. I only wrote that one because it is the first thing I saw that I think will do what you want.