Closed Solved

Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW and USB 3.0

I'm looking at the Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW, and it really looks like one of the best cases on the market.

The only thing that's making me hesitate buying it is the front panel is USB ports are USB 2.0. If I'm going to be spending $200+ on a case, I want it future proof, and having USB 3.0 support seems like a no-brainer.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the front USB/audio/firewire panel with one that supports USB 3.0? Maybe Corsair offers one? Aftermarket?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about corsair obsidian series 800d cc800dw
  1. coffeeAchiever said:
    I'm looking at the Corsair Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW, and it really looks like one of the best cases on the market.

The only thing that's making me hesitate buying it is the front panel is USB ports are USB 2.0. If I'm going to be spending $200+ on a case, I want it future proof, and having USB 3.0 support seems like a no-brainer.

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the front USB/audio/firewire panel with one that supports USB 3.0? Maybe Corsair offers one? Aftermarket?

OK, the answer is "yes":

http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/corsair-computer-case-accessories/obsidian-series-800d-700d-front-panel-usb-3-0-upgrade-kit.html
  2. Well there you go! :)
  3. There's also a SATA 2.0 to SATA 6Gb/s upgrade kit for the front hot-swap docks, too. :)
  4. Best answer
    The 800D now comes with the newer back plane for the SATA panel and also the updated USB 3.0 front panel. It's possible to find older stock still out there with the old versions but it's not likely at this point. The upgrades are free if you own an older 800D anyway.
  5. Best answer selected by coffeeAchiever.
  6. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies USB3 Corsair USB Components