Power supply doesn't turn on when plugged into the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexhanatin

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Hey, I'm a first time builder but I do have some idea of how to build a PC. I did make a threads on some PC forums talking about the compatability of my parts so this shouldn't be a problem. I'm plugging my MODX STREAM - PRO POWER SUPPLY 700W into my Fatality Asrock z77 motherboard performance series. When I switch the power supply on nothing happens however, when I follow this guys instruction, the power supply starts working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0OKmIuNtmI

I'm stumped on what the problem may be. I've looked at the little pins inside and they're all there. All the wires are int he power supply except for one because there is none but that shouldn't be a problem if that paper clip trick works. If all comes down to it, I'll purchase a new power supply as this is the same power supply removed from my previous computer. The power supply is just about a year old.

Thank you.

When you plug the powersupply in and turn it on does anything on the board light up? You say that jumping the powersupply with a paper clip works so the PS is working just fine. I hope when you did this none of the cables from the PS were plugged into anything, fans would have been fine to check for power.

The computer will not start just by flipping the switch on the back of the powersupply. You eather need to hit the power switch on the case (after its been plugged into the MB) or it looks like the board has a start and reset button right below the sata ports. if so you can trun the motherboard on and off by these buttons.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

check whether u have connecting the right wires u may have connected wrong wires to prevent shot circuit the psu may not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.