Screwd something up in BIOS and can't enter the BIOS anymore

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm Dutch so my English grammar and spelling isn't so good

I have an Intel DG33FB motherboard.
In my BIOS I changed the Mhz of my RAM from 800 Mhz to 1066 Mhz i think, I thought it made my RAM a bit faster. After I changed that my computer turned off and when I wanted to turn it on again it gave me 3 long beeps, a black screen and everything was running. I looked up what the 3 beeps meant and it means "memory error". I tried to reset the BIOS and put different RAMs in different place but it changed nothing.

Pleas help me fix this problem

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

yes i tried both and it still doesn't work :(

zdbc13

Distinguished
Unplug the power cord, remove the battery, and move the cmos jumper to the other side for about 10 minutes. If you still have trouble, make sure the cmos jumper is on the right side. I've messed this up before, leaving it on the wrong side. Just saying.....

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I don't know for sure where the jumper on my motherboard is because it doesn't show on the motherboard but i think it is the one right above the battery. Does someone have a Intel DG33FB who know for sure that it is that one because I tried before and it didn't work.

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I tried the jumper that was on the manual and it didn't do it either. Maybe I read it wrong because it keeps beeping. i tried to do a BIOS recovery with a cd and it also didn't work. Could someone please make a good step by step guide orsomething. thanks ;)

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
hi guys
a little update, i reseted my bios succesfuly (I think). I had my battery out for 24 houres and it won't give me the 3 long beep error. but if I press the on button nothing happens for 5 seconds and then everything begins to blow, still there is a black screen and no error. what do i have to do?!?!? please help :(

Xttony

Distinguished
There is a problem with your memory. Remove all ram cards and try using one ram card at once and see if there is any malfunctioning card. Set te timings, frequency and sometimes voltages also, as specified by the ram card.

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

All rams work because it first did so but then i changed my frequency to a higher frequency and now it won't sow anyting, so i can't change the frequency to the right frequency

Xttony

Distinguished
Reset the bios settings and let he ram cards run in frequencies set by the motherboard, generally the default motherboard settings don't cause any trouble. You can enable XMP to set the settings to the card specified settings.

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I reseted my BIOS almost a 100 times and it still does nothing but on the last reset my ''no memory'' error was gone. So i don't know why it still doesn't work. Maybe the XMP thing does the trick but I have no clue how you do that, can anyone post a good tutorial on how to do that??? thanks

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

that is the problem, i cant enter the BIOS because nothing shows up on screen

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

nothing shows on screen

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

no error message on screen. I tried to update with the cd and usb and that didn't work

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

the monitor is fine because on my laptop the monitor is fine.

Xttony

Distinguished

You mean that when you connect your monitor to your laptop, the monitor works.
If you remove the video cable from the computer what does it show on the screen? Does it show any message? Any animation?
If you have integrated graphics try plugging into it or if possible get a graphics card and try out.
Have you even tried putting one ram card and booting?
Try booting with all the hdd detached.

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

when i detach my monitor from my motherboard it says ''no signal'' and its moving. When i detach all my hdd/ssd then comes there an ''No Memory'' error, when I install my ssd(on my ssd is the OS) the error is gone but then i can't see anything on screen.

Xttony

Distinguished
So the graphic adapter is working properly.
You said that you updated your bios but were not sure I it was successful? Reupdate it.
Have you tried running the system with different memory cards?

gijs123a

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

I removed the jumper and turned on the pc with cd with the bios recovery file in it. I also tried it with an USB bit that didn't worked either. I tried to start it with 1 ram on different slots and also other kinds of ram's, all the ram had a frequency of 800 Mhz but I changed it in my BIOS to manual and setted it to 1066 Mhz for no good reason.
That was the last time i saw a display.