My Computer re-name

I want to change the "My Computer" name under the My
Computer Icon to the actual computer name of the PC. I
have seen this done before, but I cant remember how this
was done. I would think that it is a simple registry key
mod

Thanks in Advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer name

    Hi Bill,

    This might help you:

    NOTE: Take extreme caution in editing the registry, as doing so incorrectly may render your machine inoperable.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9f4401c486f1$2b226050$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    >I want to change the "My Computer" name under the My
    > Computer Icon to the actual computer name of the PC. I
    > have seen this done before, but I cant remember how this
    > was done. I would think that it is a simple registry key
    > mod
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP