My Computer re-name

bill

I want to change the "My Computer" name under the My
Computer Icon to the actual computer name of the PC. I
have seen this done before, but I cant remember how this
was done. I would think that it is a simple registry key
mod

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Bill,

This might help you:

NOTE: Take extreme caution in editing the registry, as doing so incorrectly may render your machine inoperable.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations