Sign in with
Your question

Problem with Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 Bios

Last response: in Motherboards
January 9, 2013 3:50:54 PM

Hey guys, I'd really love some professional advice here.

I have an Asrock extreme4 gen 3 mobo. System was running fine. I decided to OC my processor a little and read that updating the bios to latest is always a good start to ensure stability.

So off I go to the website, grab myself the latest bios rom update for my board. I format a usb, fat32 and put the bios update file on it. I boot my bios and go to the flash utility and it updates to 2.30 without a problem. Restarts a couple times and all looks fine. No power cuts, no restarts mid update, nothing I saw that was weird. Now though windows won't boot. Bios loads fine. It lists the version as 2.30 and all settings are controllable and seem fine.

What have I done wrong? Is there an easy fix? I get a Windows Error Recovery screen giving options to launch repair (did nothing) and start normally (reboots system to post again.)

If there's no real fix can i reset the bios to factory? Do I need to install the oldest bios listed for board? Would love some help thanks!
a c 559 V Motherboard
January 9, 2013 4:04:33 PM

Hi, Check the SATA setting. If AHCI, switch to IDE and viceversa. See if it does work.
January 9, 2013 4:07:11 PM

Thank you very much sit. It appeared bios update reset my Sata settings. Fixed instantly. Learn something every day. Much appreciated.
!