Accursed Curse Game Advert

G

Why is this full screen ad for some game sitting on top of Tom's when I log in (from the UK) ?

It just sits there until it decides to clear -- meanwhile there's a button saying How To Avoid Seeing This Ad which leads nowhere.

Obviously it can be zapped by switching to Firefox, but I'm darned if I'm going to have my choice of browser dictated by some ad for a product I haven't the slightest interest in.

For heavens sake dump this intrusive nonsense or you'll lose users who may assume they've caught malware on the site.

randomizer

Champion
Adblock Plus prevented it loading but after disabling it I see the ad. That's a real show-stopper. If I want to manage my profile I don't want to wait an additional 10 seconds on top of the already long load time to do so.

G

FF does block it.

When are we going to be free of this monstrous intrusion. It's particularly peeving to spend time weeding out people who spamvertise on the forums only to have this paid for material stomping all over the place.

I too am using AdBlock Plus (but I'm also using NoScript, and using all the block lists in AdBlock), HOWEVER I see no ads.

Using:
Fire Fox 3.7a5 with NoScript and AdBlock Plus along with a custom host file + Custom Linux Firewall.

Recomendation:
Redirect the domain to localhost for the ad to in the Windows host file ( I started with this list: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm )
Use NoScript also.

epkfaile

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Why does toms have to buy those ads that get in your way. like, i dont care if its on the side, out of the way, but full screened for 10s, its really annoying :mad:

I had Adblock before,and now i downloaded NoScript too and wow it worked :D thanks a lot :)
And i am using FF 3.6.3