What is the best internet security to purchase for a Gateway laptop with Windows

rhodamay

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
What is the best internet security for a Gateway laptop with Windows Vista? My McAfee is about to expire and the reviews for 2011 are not good.

Curiously, Microsoft have finally come out with what seems to be an effective product - Microsoft Security Essentials - which is free to download from their site. It updates onsight of a connection and scans according to your preferences selected from the Settings menu, defaulting to 02:00 on a Sunday. Change that to a daytime in your area, alter quick scan to full scan and restrict it to thirty percent of system resources and you hardly notice it scanning. As a resident, it notifies you of anything it wants to clean

In conjunction with Windows firewall, it's far less of a resource hog than McAfee, Norton and many of the others. Try it for a while - I think you'll agree. I thoroughly tested it for three months before installing it on customers computers and have had no complaints so far.