Phenom x4 975 heat and voltage issues/

vistagamer

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
So, I had recently bought and installed a phenom x4 975 processor, probably about a month ago, and I'm wondering if I have some heat issues. With the Stock cooler, Temp's reach about 59 degrees Celsius playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations on maxed settings at 1440 x 900 res. According to Coretemp, the temp's don't linger around that range but only drop to around 55-56 degrees celcius. Knowing that 62 degrees is that max safe temp for the CPU, I'm wondering if this is normal. The only program that are running in the background is Steam.

Also, My Voltages are hitting 1.45V, which is about .05v higher than what is advertised on their site but I've seen that other's on other forums also have their voltages going this high. But of course, that doesn't make it safe.

So what's wrong here? Is the product defective? How could I check for issues?

Well for one if you are at stock clocks, the BIOS seems to be setting the voltage too high. I would make sure your BIOS is updated and then also set the voltage manually.

And the second part, the temps, you are saying that the CPU idles at 50-56c? Thats too high of an idle even with the stock fan. It should idle in the 30s and load in the 50s.

vistagamer

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
No, sorry for misinterpretation. it's idling at around 33 but in a game the temps peak at 59 degrees celcius, but are otherwise usually stable at around 55-56. Bios is up to date