BIOS - Black screen only when press del

camerallan

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Recently built a gaming PC, and performed a CPU overclock. After a few days I noticed that it seemed to be running slightly slower than it was so I tried to access the BIOS set up screen by pressing 'del' in POST, however all I ever get is a black screen.
All the other options work, such as boot order, which is what strikes me as unusual.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte XKT-1155 Z68AP-D3

I'm no expert and help would be greatly appreciated.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

I hope you have checked the stability of your PC with prime95 and hardware monitor/real temp after performing overclock............otherwise you are running a system which is not going to last long maybe.........
If you are not being able to enter bios......you should first undo the changes you made...that is set the CPU clock to stock via a software which can change clock settings from desktop...........There are other ways of entering bios by resetting the cmos jumper or shorting the battery but I do not think its going to help here... Best of luck

schizz69

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
First things first,

Reset your BIOS (see your manual on how to do this)

If this fails, and you can still get to your operating system, use the gigabyte BIOS update utility to update your BIOS, this can help if the BIOS itself is corrupt.