Gtx 560 ti core clock and shader clock question

2ltjoel

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
my gtx 560 ti specs does not seem to match the one advertised. from the website it states that its core clock speed is 822 mhz and shader clock speed is 1645mhz

but when i used the msi afterburner, the overclocking software, they showed me my core clock speed is 732 mhz and shader clock speed is 1464. why is this so? is the software inaccurate or is my specs really so?

Solution

You are seeing the right numbers. Dell did it on purpose:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1241/pg4/dell-xps-8300-media-desktop-review-internal-and-components.html

Maybe to give you a feeling that you own a GTX570...

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Try to download and install GPU-Z software. It's very light and useful. See if it also reports the same clock speeds! If yes, then I'd exchange the card - OC'ing it to the advertised specs might void the warranty (not sure) and I don't see why the card would be so heavily underclocked. Minimum core clock for the 560 Ti I've seen is 800 MHz, IIRC.

2ltjoel

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011

oh and how do i check the producer of my card? because i just bought my computer and the graphics card together from dell. different producers make different changes to the speed of the card right?

There are differences between brands but always starting from stock speeds up and the stock speed of the 560ti is round 822mhz so why should dell make that lower. Really weird.
You're sure you don't look at the speed indicator which tells you the current speed ? Because when i look at mine in idle it's doing round 450 mhz and only in gaming 950 mhz. ( mine is factory oc'd to 950 )

2ltjoel

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011

hi there, have you used msi afterburner before? it will be easier for me to tell you what i see if you did. ok when i opened the afterburner programme, the settings of the core clock was at 732 and shader at 1464. so i assumed that they are showing me the stock speed.

I used it but can't remember exactly.
Anyway your looking at the right numbers i think. With oc guru it shows in the left window the stock settings and in the right window the current speeds, shown in a graphic drawing.
Didn't think you looked in the wrong section but you never know do ya ?

FunSurfer

Distinguished

You are seeing the right numbers. Dell did it on purpose:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1241/pg4/dell-xps-8300-media-desktop-review-internal-and-components.html

Maybe to give you a feeling that you own a GTX570...

Solution