Best Corsair DDR3 RAM?

hitme987

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
Hello,

I have : 1) i7 950(TB and HT enabled)
2) Intel WX58BP motherboard (X58 series)
3) 4 GB corsair Value select

I am looking to buy a 8GB DDR3 RAM, preferably corsair since I cant find other major manufacturers at decent prices here in India.

I just need good performance, looks doesnt matter. I heard Dominator performs the best for X58 boards, There are a ton of dominator products out there, which of them will suit me the best?

Thank you!

hitme987

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012

Thanks!

Hmm..I have 2x2gb 800 MHz Corsair Value select RAM's as well as a 2 GB Dynet RAM(type of korean lol). My mobo supports 4 ram slots with one ram slot indicating in the manual"may result in less than optimal memory performance".

I am looking to buy a 8GB Corsair so that I can insert 2x2gb value select+1x8GB corsair one in 3 blue DIMM slots with maximum memory performance and the 2GB Dynet Korean RAM in the black slot(with less than optimal memory performance)

Which combo might work good for me?

Also, doesnt dominator work on X58? Dominators supposed to be the best of the corsair RAM series(correct me if Im wrong), Im looking to spend on a good 1x8GB RAM and cost is not the issue..performance is the main aspect here