Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity with 3 screens + Radeon HD 5570 + 4250?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 5, 2011 11:44:39 AM

I have a Biostar A880G+ Motherboard and it has an onboard Radeon HD 4250 IGP. I also have a Radeon HD 5570 GPU. This gives me 2 VGA, DVI, and HDMI ports in total (1 set for IGP, 1 set for GPU).

I am curious if it is at all possible to have 3 displays hooked up to my computer. I can do eyefinity easily with only 2 screens, but the other day I tried using 3, and Catalyst wouldn't let me choose 3 screens (all 3 were detected in Windows just fine).

I have a VGA LCD, a VGA CRT, and a HDMI HDTV. I also have a CRT-to-DVI converter adapter that works.

I tried having the HDTV, LCD, and CRT (with converter adapter) all hooked up to the 5570 inputs. If I recall right, Catalyst showed all the screens as detected, but eyefinity only let me do 2 screens still. I then tried to do the HDTV and LCD on the 5570 card, and then plugged my CRT (without converter) into the VGA port on my motherboard. All screens were detected, but still couldn't choose eyefinity with all 3 screens...

Any ideas?
October 5, 2011 1:27:15 PM

For 3 display to work on AMD card. One screen must be plugged to the display port. If you don't have a monitor that connect via display port, you need an active adaptor.

http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-don...

That list is not absalute. You don't have to buy the ones suggested on the list. It is just there to help you as a guideline.
m
l
October 5, 2011 2:30:15 PM

I stopped trying to use my HDTV at the moment, but I tried using my other VGA monitor, results were the same...

Here's all 3 displays being shown and detected in Catalyst

Here'a another screen showing the specific monitor models:

Here's Device manager showing both graphics processors enabled:

(the 4250 my IGP, 5570 the actual GPU)

This is what Catalyst is showing when I try to do Eyefinity...:

- My MX50 is hooked into my GPU (via a DVI to VGA converter)
- My HP L1506 is hooked into my IGP (via just VGA)
- My Philips 105S is hooked into my GPU (via just VGA again)

I have 2 GPU's though, so this setup (to my knowledge) should work? Only 2 monitors are on the GPU, and the final monitor is on the IGP, so I shouldn't need a displayport adapter or anything else?
m
l
Related resources
October 5, 2011 2:34:29 PM

No, the crossfire card is there to increase graphics performance not to increase the number of display output, unlike nvidia. All monitor must attach to one card.
m
l
October 5, 2011 2:40:41 PM

Pyree said:
No, the crossfire card is there to increase graphics performance not to increase the number of display output, unlike nvidia. All monitor must attach to one card.

Hmm, so there's no way at all to use these 3 displays on my computer then in eyefinity pretty much?
m
l
October 5, 2011 2:58:31 PM

Correct. The active adapter is not that expensive, about $25.
m
l
October 5, 2011 3:22:49 PM

Eyefinity isnt about 2 gpus - its about mulitple displays. If your 5570 doesnt have a displayport output, it cannot do 3 monitor eyefinity, no matter how many gpus you have.

Sounds like you need a new primary gpu - not all amd hd 5k series are 3 monitor eyefinity capable. Look for a 5770 or 6770 with a displayport. Then buy an active adapter to use that displayport. Thats the only way.

I run a 3 monitor eyefinity setup with a 5770 (and no onboard gpu) - one lcd connects to the card using vga, one using dvi and the third using an active displayport to vga adapter. You need something like that setup.
m
l
October 23, 2011 2:25:32 AM

So did you manage to get a graphics card with a display port?
m
l
May 3, 2012 12:01:26 AM

Pyree said:

hello..can you tell me how to crossfire the ATI 4250 onboard IGP on BIOSTAR A880+ with GPU card ATI 5570,it indicates the board and GPU card are ready for crossire but i dont know how to do that..
hope you can help me with this. Thanks in Advance
m
l
!