6970 crossfire

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
It should do fine, depending on your motherboard. Just keep in mind that they need to be set at the same clock speed for them to work well. otherwise, make sure that you have some good airflow in your case and, once again, that your motherboard is able to take a 3 slot card with a 2 slot card for xfire

disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
yup i have plenty of space got the formula 4 mobo and checked if i could fit another one in which i can the clock speed of the one i looked at was gpu 950mhz and i believe 1425mhz for the memory. my card i have clocked at 1020mhz mhz and memory is at 1575mhz so all i have to do is push my overclock down to the other cards speed? I just wanted to make sure that i could use this card and now you told me i think ill be getting it thanks for the advice :)

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Yup, any time! Definately make sure you have a PSU that will be able to handle two cards and a well ventilated case. Otherwise, you can bump down the overclock of one card, or you can just up the overclock on the other card to match the first. Up to you on what you want to do, though honestly, when running cards this powerful in Xfire, you will not notice a difference between them being overclocked and not overclocked, so I would just have them both running at stock speed and leave it that way. It will lower the heat/noise of your rig without any noticeable impact in performance.

disaster101

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
well i have a 750 watt one that should handle it and plenty of space got the haf 932 i think thats the name of it at least and if there isnt enough power for both cards i will buy another psu got enough just incase thanks again :)