Your question

Budget microATX gaming rig

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2011 2:41:46 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: I'm looking to buy this system ASAP but want confromation that everything is going to work out alright before hand

Budget Range: it's for a co-worker who's looking to spend about $500 before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: she's claimed it's going to be used for gaming I.E. "Duke Nukem and Zelda..." I put in a low end graphics card to cover my bases but I'm not expecting she'll be going on any 5 hour CoD:MW3 beinges

Parts Not Required: Key board, mouse, moniter... building from the ground up really

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I'd like to get EVERYTHING from newegg.com

Parts Preferences: I'd like to stick with a microATX system with a AMD processor and Radeon graphics card

Overclocking: no, in the microATX case i'm worried that OC will cause too much heat and burn up the system

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: unsure but assuming 1920x1200

Additional Comments: I'm just looking to find out if these parts will all work together - I've done my research and want second opinions. also want to know if the PSU that comes with the case will cover this set up or if the other PSU I've picked out will be required. I'm not trying to cut corners but I'm already $50 over budget. I want it done right so she spreads word to her friends so if I have to go ove for quality parts I'm more than willing.

SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black 1.5Gbps Model SH-222AL/BSBS LightScribe Support - OEM
APEVIA X-QPACK-BL/420 Black/Blue Aluminum MicroATX Desktop Computer Case 420W Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
BIOSTAR A780L3B AM3 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
SAPPHIRE 100289-2L Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
RAIDMAX Blackstone series RX-700AC 700W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified G.SKILL NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBNS
AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX250OCGMBOX
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

Subtotal: $587.91

sorry if that's the improper way to post the parts - first time posting on this website
oh one last night - I showed her that case and she feel in love with it - so that's a must keep.

More about : budget microatx gaming rig

December 1, 2011 3:07:14 PM

That's a sweet looking case but I hate cases that come with psu. Generally they just put a crap one in there so I'd recommend purchasing a psu but you are already $88 over yoru budget.

It's also a shame that this is a pretty low end build. If she really does mean gaming and you give her this you'd end up being a socially awkward penguin around her for awhile.
m
l
December 1, 2011 3:10:41 PM

do you think the Radeon 5670 will not handle some newer games on medium/high settings? I put a dual core +3Ghz processor and that graphics card in there specifically for that reason... med/high kinda graphics on relatively simple games (I.E. CoD:MW3) nothing Skyrim on ultra or anything...
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2011 4:07:12 PM

Oh, it will. I'm just saying if she is a gamer (i.e. plays more graphic/cpu intensive games) then you're in trouble! If it is as you say the normal games on medium settings it's fine.
m
l
December 1, 2011 4:11:50 PM

alright - normal games on medium settings is what I was shotting for - she told me she'd play duke nukem and zelda on the system so i was thinking she's not much of a gamer at all... but just to cover my bases. now i'm just wondering if the PSU in the case will handle the stuff inside
m
l
December 1, 2011 4:49:06 PM

awesome - the PSU was one of my main concerns with the build! and with that PSU being so cheap - even if I lose the case I'm bidding on shelling out an extra 35 bucks won't break the bank ^_^ thanks so much for your input!

any other suggestions from others would still be apperciated =)
m
l
December 2, 2011 8:46:02 PM

bump
m
l
!