Sign in with
Your question

Getting lag with high fps in eyefinity

Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2011 2:47:10 PM

specs for my pc are in my sig....

anybody know what can glitch and studder lag??? in a game even if my framerates stay above 50 or so .....it kinda bums me out cause the eyefinity performance i was getting out of my AMD 980 pII was a smoother experience than it is with my new 2500K ... the two worst offenders are dirt3 and need for speed shift2....crossfire is working and my drivers are up to date....gpu usage% is 90+ for both cards.......

fresh perspectives wanted....

thanx

bTx

More about : lag high fps eyefinity

December 1, 2011 3:55:52 PM

badtaylorx said:
specs for my pc are in my sig....

anybody know what can glitch and studder lag??? in a game even if my framerates stay above 50 or so .....it kinda bums me out cause the eyefinity performance i was getting out of my AMD 980 pII was a smoother experience than it is with my new 2500K ... the two worst offenders are dirt3 and need for speed shift2....crossfire is working and my drivers are up to date....gpu usage% is 90+ for both cards.......

fresh perspectives wanted....

thanx

bTx

Is vertical sync on or off. I always found a smoother experience with it off, even at 110+ FPS in skyrim and WoW. In high lag situations, I would drop to 50-60 fps, and it would still be smooth.
December 1, 2011 3:57:48 PM

Also, using the latest graphics drivers can sometimes be the issue. I know whenever nvidia releases new drivers, I don't install em for a week or two and wait for feedback, because they can always make things better or worse.
Related resources
December 1, 2011 5:23:06 PM

i usually use vsync......but have tried that

this is what im hoping......

i may just reinstall windows......but dont wanna cause im lazy
December 2, 2011 2:03:46 AM

Before formatting, I'd remove the drivers for the vid card, and then start fresh with the ones off the cd, then if the freezing still occurs, then you know its a system issue and not a vid card issue...or drivers
!