Sign in with
Your question

Looking for opionions on this build

Last response: in Systems
December 1, 2011 1:43:07 PM

This is the current build I am looking to purchase. Any advice is welcome and i will not try and lash back with rebuttals or anything. It's why I am asking.

secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15647031

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

More about : opionions build

December 1, 2011 1:53:57 PM

Also my current cost cap is approx 4000 dollars not looking to push it necessarily but if a legit upgrade is brought to my attention cost is not an issue.
m
l
December 1, 2011 2:05:27 PM

Firstly. WOW.

Secondly. If money isnt a problem you should hit the 590 town. Population you. And a few other rich B*****ds xD

Thirdly. On every single one of these components, I urge you to double and triple check all reveiws. From Guru3d, to tomshardware, to Hardwareheaven. And I dont mean the reference ones. I mean if you have an EVGA 580, you look it up and find reviews for THAT CARD.

Its a nice build. But with Ivy Bridge round the corner you might wanna save yourself some cash and go Sandy Bridge with Z68 Rev 3. A 2600k will blast anything out the water for less than half the price of the only 2 things above it, and then when Ivy Bridge is released you wont be forced to hit yourself when looking at the benches compared to Sandy Bridge E...considering you paied $600 for it.

The H80 is a good cooler. But for an extra $20 you can get the H100. Its shaves about 4 degrees off. Which is a huge amount.

A Better storage HDD is needed. go for a WD Caviar Black at 6gbps SATA III

I Would avoid anything on PSUs that isnt Corsair...or Antec, or maybe Seasonic. Preferably Corsair. You pay premium for something that can take the load 24/7 365 or until you die.

Anything I havent Mentioned is good as far as I can see, and needs nothing changing.

I STONGLY suggest you dont dismiss my advise to skip LGA2011, at least consider it and take into account all possibilities.

Regards,

Deadjon
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2011 2:16:09 PM

I 100 percent agree with you on the ivy bridge. I also wanted to wait for the Radeon 7k series to drop. Which is very soon. However, I need a system now and do not really want to drop 1 or 2 g's on a comp then turn around and have to convince the wife to let me drop another 4000.
m
l
December 1, 2011 2:17:59 PM

My question is do you think the 590 will be worth it from what ive read is that 2 580's sli'd is better than the 590 due to the lower clock. And the 100 is sold out currently. Im in South korea with the military heading back on the 8th and i want the parts waiting when i get there.
m
l
December 1, 2011 2:27:28 PM

What I suggest is spend the minimum on a future proof PC right now, say I5 2500k wth an Asus P8Z68 Pro Rev 3 mobo, 8Gb DDR3 1600 Ram and either a 570 or a 6970 or even lower. Overclock the S**t out of it and then drop an Ivy Bridge and a 7000 series in when they're released.

The 2500k system I suggested can OC to 4.8ghz on water GUARANTEED, which is BLISTERING.
m
l
December 1, 2011 2:35:31 PM

tyvm now you have me really debating on waiting. I know they are both due in approx january. Makes me really debate on waiting. Just wish I knew the pricing on Ivy and 7000
m
l
December 1, 2011 2:54:30 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
m
l
December 1, 2011 3:14:16 PM

You may want to consider getting the 3 gig 580 instead of 1.5 if you plan on ever going 3 monitors to take advantage of eyefinity, or 3dsurround. Also I would go with corsair force3 series . They have a 180gig for 250- which would give your 120 gigs more for the same price. I agree change that power supply, with a system like yours going cheap with a power supply is a sure fire way to trouble. Also like deadjon said, go and read reviews on your specific products you wish to buy. I like cruisin newegg simply because they tend to have the most reviews, keep in mind that some ppl just dont know what there doin there.
m
l
!