Internet security with a HDTV and STB in the network?

Hi,
I need to set up a home network for a desktop PC, HDTV, and a HDTV STB. I intend to use the gigabit ports of a router for the network. The focus of the network is internet access for the PC and multimedia downloads for the HDTV and STB. I have McAfee security suite on the PC, but how do I maintain internet security with a HDTV and STB in the network? I also need recommendations on a good medium priced router for this application.

Your router has a firewall but it's unlikely any malware directed at Windows operating systems could adversely affect TV devices.

Any recommendation I could give on routers would only be valid in the UK - where are you and are you looking for a router with built-in MODEM or do you already have one of those?

Hi,
I located in the USA, and I have a cable modem. Two, of the most recommended routers, are the Netgear WNDR3700 & Cisco/Linksys E3000. But reviews of both routers are not great. The WNDR3700’s USB port is next to useless. It also has problems with stability. The E 3000 has problems with stability as well. The Dlink 665 is well regarded but is dated. Also, I want a router that handles the video downloads well.

I am not much concerned with malware affecting the HDTV & STB. I am more concerned with files downloaded to the HDTV & STB. Those files (movies & App’s) will be inside the router firewall, and therefore they are potentially a risk for any devices on the network.