Sign in with
Your question

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmwar

Last response: in CPUs
March 5, 2012 12:54:18 PM

Error Report in Event Viewer:
The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 15 seconds since the last report.
The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 15 seconds since the last report.
The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 15 seconds since the last report.
The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 15 seconds since the last report.
System COnfig:
Dell Inspiron Laptop 15R
Intel i5 450M
4GB Ram
ATI Radeom HD 5470 1GB

What does this error message mean???
Please ask for any further information
a c 203 à CPUs
March 5, 2012 1:10:31 PM

Sounds like it might related to a Power Saving option to extend battery life.
Does it continue when you have the laptop plugged into AC power?
Have you tried changing the Power Options to High Performance?
m
l
March 5, 2012 1:26:52 PM

I am using it with AC plugged in. And it is in balanced. Have changed it to High performance. WIll update regarding the re-occurrence of the error.
m
l
Related resources
a c 203 à CPUs
March 5, 2012 2:12:37 PM

It's proably a good idea to check the CPU temps at idle and under a full load.
Just in case it's an over temp condition causing the CPU to slow down.

HWMonitor
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
m
l
March 13, 2013 11:08:26 AM

I had this problem when using an aftermarket power supply with my latop. I have the i7 Q720 which is rated at 1.6GHz up to 2.4 Ghz. When plugged in it would be limited to 1.44 Ghz max because the computer did not like the power supply, even though it had the exact same ratings as my original one. If all else fails I would see if that is the culprit. As soon as I unplug it and run on battery or use the right plug it goes back to normal.
m
l
!