6850 reinstall problem

DrAculaEMS

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Hello folks,

Bought a new 6850 last week to be able to play some of the newer games coming out. I was able to install it even though it was a bit cramped (had to switch around some sata cables where they connect to the mb) and played for a couple of days.

I got some right angle sata cables hoping I could use the connections I partially blocked with the card but it still wouldn't fit. So I put it back to the way it was, when it worked, and now the computer has a "code 43" error

-Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)-

Now I have no idea what to do. Tried reseating the card about 8 times, reinstalled the drivers and neither has worked.

I'm currently on that computer, it's outputting to the monitor but isn't really "working."

So, did I damage something during the reinstall, did the card die, or something else? Any help is greatly appreciated. Purchased the card from newegg less than a week ago and really don't want to replace anything I don't have to.

Thanks for your help.

Core 2 Duo E7500@2.93
6Gb DDR2 1600 ram
Vista 64bit home premium
500W antec power supply

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hey I had some trouble earlier with a 6850 I know you've said you reinstalled the drivers but just make sure you pick the uninstall option and then after logging off and back on reinstall then ... I didn't have that particular code bit something similar