Sign in with
Your question

AsRock Z77E-ITX + IvyBridge CPU, can run 3 monitors?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 10, 2013 2:19:29 AM

I am planning to build an ITX system based on AsRock Z77E-ITX + IvyBridge CPU (HD 4000 graphics), and would like to get away without using a discrete graphics card if possible (will be using a very small case)

This board has 4 display outputs (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort and D-Sub)

Can anyone confirm if it would be possible to run 3 monitors simultaneously using this board?
January 10, 2013 4:22:24 AM

Thanks for your reply! This board only has one DP, as I am using 3 HDMI monitors would it be possible to split the one DP into two, and convert the signals to HDMI using an adaptor?
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2013 2:35:12 PM

@Alexoiu: This is no good as the system recognizes both monitors as a single monitor, meaning that when a window is maximized it will spread across both monitors.

Does anyone know of ANY ITX motherboard (not necessarily limited to AsRock) which can support 3 monitors using Intel iGPU graphics?
m
l
January 27, 2013 3:07:11 AM

I looked for the same thing, and found none.

The smallest motherboard which I found (for supporting 3 monitors) is the Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H TH, which has 2 TB + HDMI + DVI. + DSUB.

Since TB can act as DP, one can do 2 DP + HDMI to get 3 monitors.

Did you find anything else?
m
l
June 4, 2013 1:43:32 PM

If two of your monitors are the same and share the same port type (DVI/HDMI are same), then three monitors should work. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HD#Three_active_disp...

For sure these boards work: Sapphire Pure Platinum H67 IPC-CI7S10H67, GA-Z77-D3H, KINO-QM770-R10, and probably a lot more but those are the only ones that I know about.
m
l
!