Sign in with
Your question

PCIe Graphics card not getting signal

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 5, 2011 4:51:39 PM

I too have an issue w/ my e machine T3646 and a PNY (nVidia) GeForce 8600 GTS 512 OC 3GB DDR3 PCIe graphics card. I have AMD Sempron LE-1250 chipset, 2GB ram, and nVidia GeForce 6100 on board. I'm running win 7 Ult. 64/ x86 (2 SATA HD's 1 os ea.) I tested this card a week before I purchased it, and the first time it went in I had no issues at all...the card really pepped the machine up. I returned the card to owner ( he left it w/me) and reinstalled it a week later. Now I'm getting no signal at all, I had to plug my monitor back into the on board so I could get to the bios to switch the adv. conf. to PCIe slot, f 10'd it and switched back to the card (same monitor, have both DVI and VGA plugged in) and still nothing at all...the monitor switches from analog/digital until it times out and defaults to analog. The on board is still working even though the bios are set to PCIe slot. I did remove the boards battery and re-installed with no change. The card does not show up in device mgr. either....(?) is this a bus controller issue? any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.. Thank you.....
a b U Graphics card
October 5, 2011 5:20:48 PM

Why did you return it to the owner? Something sounds fishy, did you pay for this card and do you trust the person you got this card from? Sounds like a bait and switch game to me? Could be way off base, but if it worked perfectly, you returned it, got it back a week later and now no work? Really? What do you think?
October 5, 2011 6:42:57 PM

jitpublisher said:
Why did you return it to the owner? Something sounds fishy, did you pay for this card and do you trust the person you got this card from? Sounds like a bait and switch game to me? Could be way off base, but if it worked perfectly, you returned it, got it back a week later and now no work? Really? What do you think?

Thanks for your reply,...but as I stated in the previous thread...I held on to the card..I only took it out until I paid for it in case someone came up with the money before me....so I held the card....no bait and switch....
October 9, 2011 12:51:17 PM

more information: MB ~ Winfast/Foxxcon, model: MCP61SM2MA, BIOS: Phoenix-Award Workstation, v 6.00PG, Video Adapter : nVidia GeForce 6100 (on board) nForce 405.
!