ASUS update down?

I want to update my Bios. I've done this before. The update says "connecting to server" and won't connect. I let it run for 30 minutes and nothing. Is there anyone who can also try and see if ASUS update isn't working? Please?
3 answers Last reply
More about asus update down
  1. Hi, What motherboard? You can use in BIOS the EZ Flash.
    Is there a reason (experiencing issues, CPU upgrade) that you want to update the BIOS?
  2. Same thing is happening to me.

ASUS Maximus V Gene.

Just booted my computer for the first time and am trying to install all the updated drivers.

I cannot connect to any of the 3 servers presented in the list.

Any ideas on how to get past this? (I'm new to this type of thing and have no idea what "Flashing" is.

Thanks, Pat

EDIT: I just read the manual again, I found out what the EZFlash is, pretty cool!
    So basically I just download the newest BIOS Driver to a USB and enter it from the BIOS screen.

Is there a benefit of doing it this way or is it all just different ways to get the same job done?
  3. Hi. No benefit in updating the BIOS, if the system runs OK. At contrary.
    Flashing it is recommended only if experiencing compatibility or similar issues and you know that a newer version addresses it.
    Regarding the drivers, http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=MAXIMUS+V+GENE&hashedid=Eh8FqqcmVLDbZLyx
    the global option works for me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Connection Motherboards