How to connect 4 1 speakers to laptop

bhupal

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
HI I BOUGHT CREATIVE M4500 4.1CHANNEL SPEAKERS I UNABLE TO HEAR SUND FRONM THE 4 I CAN HEAR FRM THE 2 SPEAKERS PLZ HELP ME IS IT A DRIVER PROBLEM OR....

windryyder

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
Hi,

Make sure you have the most recent driver for your sound card. Then, you may just need to configure the computer to recognize different speaker setups. If you right click the speaker symbol in the task bar, choose playback devices. In the window that opens, you will see the playback device, there should be an option to configure. Click the configure button and it will show you the different speaker setups available to you. By default its probably set to stereo, look for an option for 4.1. You should be able to run a test from in that window. Another way to get to this is going to control panel, then choose sound and it will open the same window. Click on the playback tab and then you should be able to configure. This is for windows 7 computer. If you have xp, I believe you can go to control panel, and then there is a speaker option in there where you can configure the speaker setup.