Is the Trident X Series discontinued?

SkruDe

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
I literally just bought 4x8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory for my new computer build, and it is the G.Skill Trident X series RAM as I figured it was among the top performing rams and offered the performance I was looking for. I liked the 7-8-8 timing and the CL of 7.

Well, I was looking at newegg and they are saying the RAM is discontinued (as of 1/10/13)?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231629

Does anyone know about this? Is it discontinued? And if it is, why was it? I haven't opened my Trident X series package yet, but now I am hesistant to do so if the model is discontinued. Something wrong with the RAM? Should I return it and get a different RAM?

Just a little nervous now.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Solution
Items commonly show up as "Discontinued" if they do not have an ETA for inventory. Once they are in stock, NewEgg will reactivate the item.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT

SkruDe

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
All those two links tell me is they haven't sold out of those models yet. Newegg is out of stock of the ones I linked and instead of labeling them as Out Of Stock they labeled them as Discontinued, so I am wondering if it is.

SkruDe

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense but it is done in such a way that makes it worrisome for consumers. I'll take the word from the Official G.SKILL Representative.

Thanks!