Solved

Will all my parts work well together?

This is my first pc build from the ground up and i'm just wondering if everything i have chosen will work together well, or if there are any suggestions to improve.

gigabyte 990fxa ud3 motherboard

phenom II x4 965 BE

Mushkin enhanced redline 1600 ddr3 8bg

western digital caviar black 1tb HD

Ocz zx series 850w 80plus gold modular psu

also a cd/dvd burner and a gtx 570 video card. the case will be a cooler master 932 black edition
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will parts work together
  1. It all looks pretty solid. I would get an X4 955 with a Hyper EVO and OC it. What is your entire budget?
  2. Best answer
    Definitely not a bad build at all. I just got that same board, I'm planning to install it on Monday.

    For optical - any $20 drive will do (although I hate the bulk Asus burners), and for NVIDIA - definitely go with EVGA.
  3. Your CPU is a BE, so I guess you want to overclock. You will want a good cooler. The COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus is highly rated and only 26 dollars. I got the Zalman because it is also very good, but it looks, well, cooler.
  4. I don't have a set budget really, more just don't want to get carried away with cost. i have plans on a cpu cooler after xmas
  5. Is there anything else that i'm overlooking? maybe an improvement? (somewhere other than the processor or motherboard since i already bought them lol)
  6. The only thing i'd add is an SSD, as long as it's in the budget. Shiny new systems also deserve a shiny new responsive feel to your OS and programs.
  7. roald said:
    The only thing i'd add is an SSD, as long as it's in the budget. Shiny new systems also deserve a shiny new responsive feel to your OS and programs.



    I did some looking and decided you were right so i added a 80gb ssd just for my operating system. I also changed the psu to the same line of psu's but upgraded to the 1000w version and changed the video cards to the gtx 580 classified in sli
  8. hiero2407 said:
    I did some looking and decided you were right so i added a 80gb ssd just for my operating system. I also changed the psu to the same line of psu's but upgraded to the 1000w version and changed the video cards to the gtx 580 classified in sli

    For just an OS, 30 to 40GB is fine.
    I would preferable go for a 60GB SSD.
    It will fit your OS, along with other data.

    What is your entire budget?
    There are many changes you should make if you are getting a pair of high-end cards.
  9. AbdullahG said:
    For just an OS, 30 to 40GB is fine.
    I would preferable go for a 60GB SSD.
    It will fit your OS, along with other data.

    What is your entire budget?
    There are many changes you should make if you are getting a pair of high-end cards.



    I definitely want it to be under 2000, what do you suggest?
  10. Oops i was mistaken i actualy went with the Mushkin enhanced chronos 60gb, not the 80. Wasn't paying attention when i typed it sorry.
  11. hiero2407 said:
    I definitely want it to be under 2000, what do you suggest?

    In that case:

    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/TemporaryWishList.aspx?ChangeQty=0

    You can change to case to whatever you prefer.
    Everything else is good.
  12. Best answer selected by hiero2407.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product