Solved

Can't Get surround Sound In Bf3

I recently purchased a Pioneer VSX 821 K receiver:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117397 [newegg.com]

I have gotten movies to play correctly using Dolby Digital, but I cannot figure out how to get Dolby Digital in BF3, at the moment I am only able to get Dolby Pro Logic II to work, which isn't good enough because it simply makes a stereo signal sound like 5.1, it's not true surround sound.

Here is how I have my system hooked up. I have a Turtle Beach Montego DDL Soundcard(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829118006) [newegg.com] in my PC, along with the motherboard's integrated optical port. I have tried connecting both to the receiver via Optical cable(optical OUT port on soundcard and optical port on motherboard), but no luck. I have also made sure that when you go to audio settings in-game, it's set to Home Cinema, and Stereo Enhance(or w/e it's called) is off. But I am unable to select or enable Dolby Digital on my receiver.

From what I understand, an optical cable should be able to transfer a Dolby Digital signal, because it can for DVD's and movies. Eventually I will run the sound from my video card with HDMI, but my current video card does not have HDMI so until I upgrade that, I hope to get this working.

Any suggestions?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about surround sound
  1. I had this same problem and couldn't get true 5.1 in games, just the upconverted DDL. Hope u get some help!
  2. Best answer
    enhanced stereo shuld be off,
  3. 13thmonkey said:
    enhanced stereo shuld be off,

Yes, I have that set to disabled/off. I also remembered that I have a headset plugged into the soundcard through one of the analogue ports. Should I not have that plugged in when trying to run the sound out of the optical port on the soundcard, or would it not matter?
  4. Best answer selected by trogdor796.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Battlefield Dolby Components Product