Sign in with
Your question

MSI Live Update 5 Windows Disaster

Last response: in Motherboards
January 10, 2013 4:15:54 PM

I perhaps foolishly ran MSI Live Update 5 under Windows 7 and allowed it to auto update all my drivers, including my BIOS. It shut down once during this process and when it attempted to start up again I got a Windows cannot start message. Startup recovery and startup repair do not work. What is going on here and what can I try? Thanks!
February 11, 2013 7:42:23 AM

I think you need to get the old bios driver back.
m
l
March 24, 2013 4:31:03 PM

You need to check that your boot drive is the same and check whether you have AHCI enabled on that drive.
m
l
Related resources
September 10, 2013 1:43:13 AM

eroggen said:
I perhaps foolishly ran MSI Live Update 5 under Windows 7 and allowed it to auto update all my drivers, including my BIOS. It shut down once during this process and when it attempted to start up again I got a Windows cannot start message. Startup recovery and startup repair do not work. What is going on here and what can I try? Thanks!

Check UEFI and see if your SATA protocols are set to IDE, i flashed BIOS and it defaulted the BIOS to look for AHCI, despite leaving the legacy support on.
I flipped them (i have two HDD'd) back to IDE and voila, all is well.
My fix is for a Z77A-GD65.

GL
m
l
November 6, 2013 5:35:12 AM

eroggen said:

m
l
November 6, 2013 5:40:27 AM

I also used msi live update 5 and it turned off keyboard and mouse and still trying to get rid of parts of the program. Have downloaded it and re-installed and still has part of the program that I went into safe mode and deleted. This is a junk program that will harm your computer.
m
l
!