MSI Live Update 5 Windows Disaster

I perhaps foolishly ran MSI Live Update 5 under Windows 7 and allowed it to auto update all my drivers, including my BIOS. It shut down once during this process and when it attempted to start up again I got a Windows cannot start message. Startup recovery and startup repair do not work. What is going on here and what can I try? Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about live update windows disaster
  1. I think you need to get the old bios driver back.
  2. You need to check that your boot drive is the same and check whether you have AHCI enabled on that drive.
  3. eroggen said:
    I perhaps foolishly ran MSI Live Update 5 under Windows 7 and allowed it to auto update all my drivers, including my BIOS. It shut down once during this process and when it attempted to start up again I got a Windows cannot start message. Startup recovery and startup repair do not work. What is going on here and what can I try? Thanks!

Check UEFI and see if your SATA protocols are set to IDE, i flashed BIOS and it defaulted the BIOS to look for AHCI, despite leaving the legacy support on.
    I flipped them (i have two HDD'd) back to IDE and voila, all is well.
    My fix is for a Z77A-GD65.

GL
  4. eroggen said:
  5. I also used msi live update 5 and it turned off keyboard and mouse and still trying to get rid of parts of the program. Have downloaded it and re-installed and still has part of the program that I went into safe mode and deleted. This is a junk program that will harm your computer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Windows 7 MSI-Microstar