Flat Panel Monitor Resolution Question

a b C Monitor
August 20, 2004 10:03:52 PM

I have a dilema that Im hoping someone can help me with. Im a pro
poker player. I play online. I currently have a 17" CRT. I want to
add a 2nd monitor because I always play 2 poker games at the same
time. Right now I have to toggle between windows by clicking the
window buttons on the task bar. I want 2 monitors so I can have 1
poker table on each screen and be able to see both tables at all
times. I know I need a new video card and have that angle covered.
Heres my problem. I want to do away with my CRT and buy 2 new flat
panel monitors. The problem is that if I use any resolution higher
than 800x600, the poker window doesnt fill the screen. At higher
resolutions, I assume that the graphics are crisper, but there no way
that I can find to make the window fill the entire screen, so I'll end
up with side by side 17" flat panel monitors, but the poker tables
themselves will only be 10" or so. If I lower the resoultion to
800x600 on a flat panel, the screen looks blurry.
Playing 2 small poker tables defeats the purpose. I can do that now
by raising the resolution on my current CRT.
I could just buy another 17" CRT, but that takes up too much space and
I'd like to enter the 21st century and get the flat panel monitors.
Is there any way to use the higher resolution, but change the icon
size or text size so it fills the entire screen?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 23, 2004 11:17:18 PM

No. It sounds like the program is limited to a certain size; if it was
locked in that way, you can't do anything about it.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

"Piranah" <pokerrocks@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a dilema that Im hoping someone can help me with. Im a pro
> poker player. I play online. I currently have a 17" CRT. I want to
> add a 2nd monitor because I always play 2 poker games at the same
> time. Right now I have to toggle between windows by clicking the
> window buttons on the task bar. I want 2 monitors so I can have 1
> poker table on each screen and be able to see both tables at all
> times. I know I need a new video card and have that angle covered.
> Heres my problem. I want to do away with my CRT and buy 2 new flat
> panel monitors. The problem is that if I use any resolution higher
> than 800x600, the poker window doesnt fill the screen. At higher
> resolutions, I assume that the graphics are crisper, but there no way
> that I can find to make the window fill the entire screen, so I'll end
> up with side by side 17" flat panel monitors, but the poker tables
> themselves will only be 10" or so. If I lower the resoultion to
> 800x600 on a flat panel, the screen looks blurry.
> Playing 2 small poker tables defeats the purpose. I can do that now
> by raising the resolution on my current CRT.
> I could just buy another 17" CRT, but that takes up too much space and
> I'd like to enter the 21st century and get the flat panel monitors.
> Is there any way to use the higher resolution, but change the icon
> size or text size so it fills the entire screen?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 25, 2004 4:30:13 PM

Piranah wrote:

> I have a dilema that Im hoping someone can help me with. Im a pro
> poker player. I play online. I currently have a 17" CRT. I want to
> add a 2nd monitor...

If you have a laptop, the second monitor can be used for second
windows. - RM
!