swlindz1

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Im using HW monitor for the first time and it seems to be my motherboard is is/was running at very high temps. Where I outlined the picture in black is how I am reading the monitor, you'll notice a temp reading of 127 c max for "CPUTIN" where Im confused if this is my CPU or not. What would cause a motherboard to overheat?

the temps for my i5 and gtx 560 ti also bump up 20 c when I'm in say Skyrim, is this normal/safe? Thanks guys, just finished 2 builds today yet I'm still a rookie.

also when I connected my dual display temps increased approx. 10 c

temps.png
[/img]

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
your cpu and graphics are really nice. As long as your cpu temps stay under 70C I wouldn't worry and I believe the auto shutdown happens at 95C. As for gpu my evga cards liked to get up to 80C but my msi stays in the 50s.

Ignore the systin, cputin, and auxtin. They are bogus readings.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I wouldn't be. It looks like you have adequate cooling and airflow through the case and motherboards are designed to remove heat very well. I am jealous of your cpu temps :p Are you on stock clock or what is it oc'd to?

swlindz1

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Im running stock speeds on air with a hyper 212 EVO @ 3.4 ghz..where's it's suppose to be 3.7 with the "turboboost", looking into that now..

How do your ripjaws fit with the hyper 212? If I havnt purchased low profile RAM I would be sacraficing a spot or two with this cooler..given the fan is on the right or 2 fans are present

Just going to ad into this.

Your temps look great.

I too picked up low profile ram to fit under my heatsink on most systems.

Turbo boost will/ should happen when you game(or use other intense tasks). and the speed depends on how many cores are loaded. More cores, less turbo, but many asus boards just override it to all cores 3.7.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I just have my ram in slots 2 and 4. I don't plan to ever get 16GB and if I did I'd just buy 2x8GB when they are cheap as 8GB is now.

Also: if you have the 212 evo and your temps are that low overclock that sucker!

212 evo is like the 212+, you can move the fan up so it doesn't block the ram slots.

The sensor is an incorrect reading. Hwmon is a 3rd party software so trying to be compatible with every mobo on every manufacturer is hit and miss. You are not at 127C, or else something bad would have happened. Chipsets are usually 100C max, where upon the auto shutoff would be tripped. Your fans are also incorrect, there's no way it's at 60k rpm.

+1

HWmon, while very good can tap into sensors that are not connected or used and give you strange readings(or even fluctuations on working sensors like in the case of the fan speeds. My Maximus Gene-z Gives the super speed fan glitch from time to time as well). No way the Z68 chipset is hitting those temperatures.

I just put together an i3 2100 system. After I had the same concern you have with the CPUTIN reading in HWmonitor, I went looking around the web for an answer. I'm finding a common theme on many forum sites about HWmonitor reporting false info with regard to CPUTIN.

Under minimal loads my CPUTIN reading on that system is near 100C (I really haven't put much load on this PC at all yet), yet the CPU Cores both read in the high 30Cs (stock heat sink). The CPU Core temps are consistent with my temp readings in the BIOS.

Plus, just as k1114 alluded to, I've yet to see a system or case fan running at 60000 rpm in this lifetime. :)

It's obvious HWmonitor doesn't work properly with all chipset sensors. It's almost as if they got the F reading from the BIOS and are programmatically treating it as C in HWmonitor for some motherboards like ours.

The flipside of all this is HWmonitor is accurate with every reading on my i7-960 system.