Sign in with
Your question

How can i pencil mod the asus M5a97 mobo?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 10, 2013 5:42:00 PM

im getting some really bad vdroop .09 with my overclock, psu ram everything is good. fx 8350.
how is the pencil mod done for this mobo? its the non evo version that goes for around 100 bucks
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 10, 2013 6:50:31 PM

What's a "pencil mod"?

If it's vdroop in ur OC that ur having trouble w/, than you may wana repost this in the OC section.
m
l
January 11, 2013 12:40:21 PM

can someone who knows how to answer a simple question answer this?
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2013 1:10:00 PM

Explain what a 'Pencil Mod' is then we may be able to help you. As far as I know, there is no such mod.
m
l
January 11, 2013 4:00:29 PM

Vectorous said:
Explain what a 'Pencil Mod' is then we may be able to help you. As far as I know, there is no such mod.

if you dont know what a pencil mod is then you yourself cant help me. im waiting for someone who knows what the term means to help me out with this question. btw this should not be in the overclocking section like the other poster said, vdroop is caused from the vrms of the motherboard so this is a motherboard question. some people on toms hardware should have there replys deleted
m
l
January 11, 2013 4:03:50 PM

Ok I get it,

First find the EPU chip which is located at the top left of the first memory slot.
Just above the Epu chip there are 4 resisters. 2 vertical and 2 horizontal. You want to pencil the top of the 2 vertical resisters. Boom, you’re done.

Here is a picture to help you find the resisters:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s267/theduncans15/Mo...

Good luck
m
l
January 11, 2013 9:17:23 PM

Vectorous said:
Ok I get it,

First find the EPU chip which is located at the top left of the first memory slot.
Just above the Epu chip there are 4 resisters. 2 vertical and 2 horizontal. You want to pencil the top of the 2 vertical resisters. Boom, you’re done.

Here is a picture to help you find the resisters:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s267/theduncans15/Mo...

Good luck

which mobo is being used in the picture? is it the m5a97? also i thought your suppose to unscrew the vrm heatsinks and pencil in the resisters there?
m
l
!