ASUS P8Z68 double post, no signal on monitor, memOK! light stays red

Hi, I recently purchased a couple of new computer parts and ive assembled everything, but im having issues booting the computer.
I have an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro 2 Radeons 6950's in cross fire 8 GB of DDR3 Gskillz ripjaw ram PSU CORSAIR| CMPSU-750HX 750W RT
When I tried booting the PC for the first time, the GPU's fans were spinning as well as the CPU fan and all that. The LED's were working, but i wasnt getting any signal from the monitor. Then, the computer shut down automatically after 10 seconds, and rebooted itself. After rebooting it stayed on, but i still couldn't see anything on the screen.
I took out my 2 radeons and plugged my monitor on my motherboard's onboard GPU (i think it has one). Still nothing. I'm pretty confused, as this is my first build.... I hope I didnt bend my Motherboard while trying to place my cpu fan, or that i didn't scratch it.....
Anyone has any ideas?
6 answers Last reply
More about asus p8z68 double post signal monitor memok light stays
  1. Perform every step in the checklist found in my signature. The checklist was created to troubleshoot this exact type of problem.
  2. I did all of that.. now the CPU led is on, tried removing the intel heatsink (which is pretty damn ******* hard to place/remove). Realised i have to get a new thermal paste.

I'm bringing this to a local computer store tomorrow, hope they can fix things. If it's a motherboard issue, how long does it usually take to receive a remplacement or refund arter RMA?
  3. 1-2 weeks depends.
  4. If you're getting the double-fake-boot and no video, your heatsink backplate might be touching the back of the motherboard causing a short. I have a P8Z68-V LE and I had a similar problem. The solution was to use the heatsink's included electrically-neutral plastic spacers between the motherboard and the backplate. That solved it for me.
  5. It has to be a motherboard and memory problem. They might be incompatible with each other.
  6. Hey all, I got the same problem after replacing the thermal paste. My computer used to run fine after a week ago when my cpu started to heat up to 70 to 100 degree Celsius. After I replace the thermal paste my computer started to get the exact same problem. Anyone have the solution for this problem?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Monitors Systems