ASUS P8Z68 double post, no signal on monitor, memOK! light stays red

xenogears546

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Hi, I recently purchased a couple of new computer parts and ive assembled everything, but im having issues booting the computer.
I have an ASUS P8Z68-V Pro 2 Radeons 6950's in cross fire 8 GB of DDR3 Gskillz ripjaw ram PSU CORSAIR| CMPSU-750HX 750W RT
When I tried booting the PC for the first time, the GPU's fans were spinning as well as the CPU fan and all that. The LED's were working, but i wasnt getting any signal from the monitor. Then, the computer shut down automatically after 10 seconds, and rebooted itself. After rebooting it stayed on, but i still couldn't see anything on the screen.
I took out my 2 radeons and plugged my monitor on my motherboard's onboard GPU (i think it has one). Still nothing. I'm pretty confused, as this is my first build.... I hope I didnt bend my Motherboard while trying to place my cpu fan, or that i didn't scratch it.....
Anyone has any ideas?

xenogears546

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
I did all of that.. now the CPU led is on, tried removing the intel heatsink (which is pretty damn ******* hard to place/remove). Realised i have to get a new thermal paste.

I'm bringing this to a local computer store tomorrow, hope they can fix things. If it's a motherboard issue, how long does it usually take to receive a remplacement or refund arter RMA?

eNeutral

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
If you're getting the double-fake-boot and no video, your heatsink backplate might be touching the back of the motherboard causing a short. I have a P8Z68-V LE and I had a similar problem. The solution was to use the heatsink's included electrically-neutral plastic spacers between the motherboard and the backplate. That solved it for me.

neilju1024

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Hey all, I got the same problem after replacing the thermal paste. My computer used to run fine after a week ago when my cpu started to heat up to 70 to 100 degree Celsius. After I replace the thermal paste my computer started to get the exact same problem. Anyone have the solution for this problem?