Sign in with
Your question

Prank Virus

Last response: in Forum Feedback
May 1, 2010 5:15:29 AM

Hello, everyone! I would greatly appreciate it if you would download my safe and harmless fake virus prank and test it out. It can be found here:

http://hotfile.com/dl/40653131/dfbeb8d/fakevirusprank2....

The zip file is less than 1 KB, so it will download immediately. Extract it, and then open the prank.vbs file. I swear it is completely safe. Just remember to use Task Manager to kill it, as it will not close itself, and you can't just close it with the X button (at least you shouldn't be able to). It is working fine on my computer as a prank, and I would just like to know what you all think, and if you are having any problems. Please post back here with any feedback/questions.

Also, feel free to view the actual script by editing it with notepad, and you can also use it on your friends if you wish.

Thanks, Kris.

More about : prank virus

May 1, 2010 6:00:09 AM

Is this a bouncing window prank?
Related resources
May 1, 2010 6:17:52 AM

I have many other simpler ones that display messages and won't close, but they're not as fun or as long as this one.
May 1, 2010 6:18:49 AM

Opens a notepad and types some stuff, then runs a batchfile that looks like a program executing a lot of code to a dumbass, but harmless to anyone that knows what they're doing. Then it displays an error message saying you have a virus and "All your base are belong to us"

It's one of my first scripts, but I like it. It's completely safe, and really fun to prank newbsters with.
May 1, 2010 5:44:24 PM

LMAO. I could make a Java app with a .exe wrapper that would do some thing like this... should be funny :lol: 
May 1, 2010 6:15:10 PM

WARNING: This is pretty GPU intensive due to insane amount of redraw of the cmd window under Windows "Aero". Pushed my 8400GS to 98% usage (as seen by EVGA Precision).

1. /*
  2. * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
  3. * and open the template in the editor.
  4. */
  5. package prankvirus_ee;
  7. import java.util.ArrayList;
  8. import java.util.Random;
  9. import java.util.Scanner;
  11. /**
  12. *
  13. * @author Administrator
  14. */
  15. public class Main {
  17. /**
  18. * @param args the command line arguments
  19. */
  20. public static void main(String[] args) {
  21. // TODO code application logic here
  22. int x = 0;
  23. int y = 0;
  24. while (y <= (5000)) {
  25. System.out.println("");
  26. System.out.println("Warning! DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW! You WILL loose data if closed!");
  27. y++;
  28. }
  29. do {
  30. ever();
  31. x++;
  32. } while (x < 5);
  33. System.out.println("Enter Password to decrypt your infomation! \nYou will NOT be able to boot next time with out decrypting!");
  34. Scanner in = new Scanner(System.in);
  35. String pass = in.next();
  36. do {
  37. System.out.println("Wrong! Re-enter password!");
  38. pass = in.next();
  39. } while (!pass.contains("13371337"));
  40. if (pass.contains("13371337")) {
  41. System.out.println("Password verified! Infomation decrypted!");
  42. }
  43. }
  45. private static void ever() {
  46. ArrayList list = new ArrayList();
  47. int i = 1000;
  48. Random rand = new Random();
  49. Random str = new Random();
  50. for (int j = 0; j < i; j++) {
  51. int f = rand.nextInt();
  52. String token = Long.toString(Math.abs(str.nextLong()), 36);
  53. list.add(f);
  54. list.add(token);
  55. System.out.println(list.toString());
  56. }
  57. }
  58. }

Here is the EXE: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d1wmzkyvmqd/prank.exe
May 2, 2010 3:26:55 AM

this is pretty similar to c++, which is what I'm more familiar with. looks fun, I'll have to give it a try.
May 2, 2010 4:59:29 AM

Argh! Another person who puts the opening brace for code blocks on the same line as the control statement. :(  New lines only please! :D 
May 2, 2010 5:08:12 AM

Yeah, it's a little hard to read, but not that bad.
May 2, 2010 5:14:12 AM

I was talking about shadow's work, I didn't check the code in yours.
May 2, 2010 1:07:35 PM

randomizer said:
Argh! Another person who puts the opening brace for code blocks on the same line as the control statement. :(  New lines only please! :D 

lol. the entire thing gets formatted in that way automatically in NetBeans. Besides, I like it that way :p .
May 3, 2010 5:31:39 PM

Ha, i would have to throw my support to randomizer and Allman. :)  However, regarding the wiki article, just make sure to avoid emacs like the plague :p 

@shadow the fact that this pushes your 8400GS to 98% without even utilizing a gui terrifies me...
May 3, 2010 10:43:17 PM

^ Yeah, I know. I was surprised too. Here's a screen shot:

95% GPU use.

Btw, what format (indent style) am I using? I think it's KNF or Banner or a K&R variant. Which one is it?
May 3, 2010 11:05:39 PM

I think it is technically KNF, but i have always known it as "That damned annoying style that all my professors and partners seem to love for who knows why" :p 
May 3, 2010 11:21:58 PM

^^ That's all fine and dandy, but can we get back to my prank virus? Did you try it kyeana?
May 3, 2010 11:52:25 PM

Nope. No offense, but there is absolutely no way that i would run any programs that didn't come from a well known and respectable source (such as official repositories) on any of my computers. I have too much invested in them, and hackers are notoriously tricky people ;) 

Besides, you said it was a visual basic script, and all my personal computers are solely running Linux.
May 4, 2010 12:02:35 AM

^ I ran it in sandboxie. It's fine. Just creates an infinite loop displaying the directory,etc.

May 4, 2010 2:57:12 AM

I did make another one that actually harms your computer, but I won't publish it. I don't like to harm people's computers, I just like to write scripts.
!