Motherboard to replace Asus M3A32-MVP WiFi Deluxe

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Just recently whilst changing out a Hard Drive I also thought I'd run some RAM tests using memtest because of some BSOD's.
I removed 3 out of 4 RAM sticks and I'm not sure what happened but the computer would not POST. I was getting a blank black screen and nothing else. No beeps or anything.

I've mixed the RAM sticks and tried different ways of installing the RAM
I've tried resetting BIOS by exchanging the battery, removing the battery and also held Power and Reset buttons whilst the PC is off.
I've tested the GPU in another computer
I've taken out the CPU and cleaned the thermal paste and reapplied it. Fitted the CPU back in
I've changed the CPU for a different CPU
I've tried a RAM stick from another computer
I've tested each RAM stick in anothercomputer

After all of the above I took the Motherboard with the RAM, CPU's and GPU (bare essentials) to a PC shop to maybe have it further tested. I explained what happened and what I had done and the problem, the guy said without testing any further it is the motherboard and it would be pointless testing the any more.

Here is what I have

Asus M3A32-MVP WiFi Deluxe
AMD Phenom II x4 BE 965 Socket AM3
AMD Athlon 64 x2 BE 5000+ Socket AM2 (The original CPU I got when I bought the Motherboard)
4GB Corsair 2x2GB XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800mhz)
4GB OCZ 2x2GB Titanium DDR2 PC2-6400 (800mhz)
Msi Twin Frozr III 6950

1. So is there another motherboard out there I can get that will take my Phenom II and DDR2?
A - Budget of £50

2. If not then what new motherboard would you recommend with DDR3 and CPU (Thinking Intel for a change)
B - Budget of
£50 for Motherboard
£100 for CPU
£30-£50 for RAM

Thanks in advance

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Hi

Having had a look at a few Intel setups I realize my budget is bad for a Intel setup.

So I'm amending it, but please note I would rather not have to upgrade again within the next 5 years.

£100 Motherboard
£150 CPU
£50 RAM

BUT for less hassle and easiest fix, I would prefer a replacement to my motherboard, so I can use the same AMD CPU and RAM I already have.