Building a comp when parts were left outside for a long period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

quaninter

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hey guys, I'm new to building computer by yourself. I had ordered some parts from newegg (pretty much everything, except hard drive and psu because I'm gonna use the ones in the old comp). Anyway, they will come tomorrow and knowing ups schedule, it will be delivered when I will have already left for work. Forecast tomorrow says it's gonna be 20-25 so my parts will sit outside the house in the cold for about 6-7 hours before I can come home. My coworker said that I have to let the parts adjust to the room temperature for 24 hours before I can start putting them together, but I'm really excited about it (going from core 2 duo to i7) so the wait will be painful for me but these parts are really expensive and I don't want to ruin them. Any advises would be very appreciated :D .

Solution
I would let them remain in the box for a few hours inside the house so they adjust to room temp and have less chance of condensation. 24 hours seems a bit long.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Does UPS normally leave packages outside of your home? I've always had their little info notices stuck on my door (requires signature) and end up going to their depot to pick them up.

If they do leave it at your door, then as the others have said, let it adjust to room temp for a few hours.

-Wolf sends

If they consider your area low crime they will leave it outside your door. I hate it when I get thousands of dollar of computer equipment left outside my door too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS