--Compatibility Question--

crius21

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Hey guys, Im not extremely advanced when it comes to computer specs so I am curious if you all can give me a hand real quick.

My question is I would like to know if this video card here:
video card

is compatible with this motherboard here. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

motherboard

crius21

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
also to add, when I installed the driver for this card I got BSOD when I tried to boot up, windows started to load then BSOD hit me.

My friend and I came to the conclusion that the card was probably dead since we tried everything we could think of, flashed the BIOS and everything. Sent it back in for a replacement and it should be here tomorrow, was just wondering if maybe I missed somthing in the specs

Yeah, I'd say it probably was a bad card. That card should work just fine with that motherboard. Some of the older 775 boards have compatibility issues with the PCI-E 2.1 standard, but those boards wouldn't even let you get a display out of the card. The fact that you got as far as Windows and a BSOD indicates that isn't the problem. If the problem persists with the replacement, then it's probably a motherboard problem, otherwise the replacement card should solve that problem.