Deleted partition on second HD

guciodog

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
hey everyone,

in an attempt to get rid of my system reserved partition, i formatted my other partition with over 600 GB of pictures and files. i tried to run "active partition recovery", left it to run for over 5 hours, and all it ironically found was the system reserved partition!! the rest of my disk is currently unallocated space, is there any way i can recover my data?

Thanks!

guciodog

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
active partition recovery just found all my data, and restored it. the problem now is that i can't access it! it's asking me to reformat the partition. it is currently in a RAW format, and is only recognized in disk manager and active partition recovery

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Maybe you should give up trying to recover the partition and just go for the data.

I used before a software named GetDataBack successfully. If you're looking for a free tool, I've heard (but not tried personally) about a similar one with the same functionality named Recuva.

smeagol23

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012

Hi,

I will suggest you to use recover partition software, which is very useful tool to recover data from formatted or deleted partition. I used this tool before and successfully recovered my lost data. Here you can download the tool.