Asus P8P67-M Pro black screen after bios update

Hi guys, im new at the forum.

Today i tried to update my MOBO bios since i was having issues getting Windows 7 64 installed in a GPT HDD. So i updated from default Bios, which i think it was 0713 to the latest one i found at asus website, 3608.

I did it through ez bios update utility since i had already used it with an older mobo with no problems and just thought that since this mobo is newer and better quality it should run smoothly. After i updated the bios i got the message saying that system would restart but didnt do it on its own, so i did it myself.

Consecuently the pc never booted again, im getting no video and no sound, keyboard leds wont even light up. I cant find the dvd that came with the mobo to perform the Crash Free Utility so i tried using a usb stick since its supposed to work that way too. No luck. Usb light doesnt blink telling me theres no activity whatsoever.

Yes i tried clearing the cmos by removing the battery and changing the jumper, i even tried doing that while changing my Ram stick from 1 slot to another since i remember that i had this issue once i was dealing with a bad memory. So now im just clueless.

Im thinking of getting a new bios but since i live in Argentina it wont be easy, so any thought would be great.

My system specs are:

Asus P8P67 - M PRO (obviously)
Intel i5 2500k
Gskill 2x4gb DDR3 1600mhz
Idk if any other info is needed.

Thanks, im very impacient about this issue.
6 answers Last reply
More about asus p8p67 black screen bios update
  1. Hi, A BIOS chip would probably solve the issue http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bios-Chip-Asus-P8P67-M-PRO-/170917314883
    Can you find a setup with a similar board (at a friend, maybe)?
  2. alexoiu said:
    Hi, A BIOS chip would probably solve the issue http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bios-Chip-Asus-P8P67-M-PRO-/170917314883
    Can you find a setup with a similar board (at a friend, maybe)?

Been thinking of that. I have some friends with the same cpu but the mobo is totally different, though it might be Asus as well. Anyway the only thing i could achieve by this is attemping a "hot swap" or whatever its called but i dont think my friends would be happy about disassembling their pcs to try something like that.
  3. You're right, they probably wouldn't agree messing with their boards. A local shop might help you with a programmer.
  4. That seems like an interesting idea. How that works? If the bios isnt completely messed up would be just plug it in a programmer and flashing it with any bios of my desire?

Wouldnt just be a risk for the rest of the board of the pc? If not im tracking a programmer right now.
  5. Yes, I guess that the chip does work. A programmer should solve the issue and a decent local shop should have one. No risk for other components. Try searching on the ASUS Vip Forum. I remember they recommended a programmer in one of the posts. For about 50$.
  6. Yeah but that would be 50 dollars in any country but mine, here its like 200 dollars at least. Fortunately it seems that ive found a guy who does that for 10 dollars and youve convinced me to give it try.

Thanks man, you have give me some hope of not having to buy another mobo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus BIOS Motherboards