Boot Problem w/ Asus P8Z77-V LX

Swedishish

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
I just replaced my old AMD cpu and its mobo for a new i5 3.4ghz w/ the above mentioned mobo. I can get into BIOS but windows 7 won't load properly.
Unfortunately the new mobo doesnt have connex for my older dvd rom drives (IDE), so I'm having trouble reinstalling windows despite my efforts booting from a USB drive having created an image of the install disk.
If I try to boot 'normally' it gets to the windows logo loading page (with the swirly lights), hangs for a half second and goes to a blue screen w/ some yellow text for another half second before rebooting.
Please help!

Running the windows Startup Repair utility yeilds a result of 0x0 for all tests.

Solution
I see. Try firstly switching to IDE in BIOS. See if it does boot.
If not, you can buy a new SATA DVD ROM, or a SATA to IDE adapter for using an old one. Or google for some tutorials - how to install Windows 7 from an USB stick.

Swedishish

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

Swedishish

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

I could do that, but I would have to disassemble the computer (again). Is there another way?

Swedishish

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks for your help, alexoiu.

This is my situation: I have a computer w/ a new mobo and cpu w/ 2 old hdds (SATA) and 2 dvd roms (IDE, not connected), and a 550w power supply. The old motherboard is in a static proof bag.
Should I put the old mobo back in to reconfigure settings?

Swedishish

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

Switching the SATA setting from AHCI to IDE resulted in the PC no longer recognizing the hdds :/

Swedishish

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Arg - I can now boot into safe mode successfully. I managed to get the network adapter (from the mobo) drivers installed but I don't know why I can't load into Windows non-safe mode. Attempting to just results in a reboot loop.