xp pro vs media center

I would like to have the capability of xp pro, on a media
center machine. Are these products basicly different or
can I used media center and still have good networking
capabilites?
2 answers Last reply
More about media center

    The Windows Media Center PCs are XP Pro with extra "bits" to make it the
    Media Center edition. Nothing from Pro is missing. Like thecTablet PC,
    it's called a "superset".
    www.coribright.com

    "george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to have the capability of xp pro, on a media
    > center machine. Are these products basicly different or
    > can I used media center and still have good networking
    > capabilites?

    George,

    Keep in mind that Windows Media Center is only available pre-installed on
    selected systems. It is not sold as a stand-alone operating system like
    Windows XP, or any of the previous versions of Windows were. You will have
    all the networking capability you need with either XP Pro or Media Center.

    "george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to have the capability of xp pro, on a media
    > center machine. Are these products basicly different or
    > can I used media center and still have good networking
    > capabilites?

Configuration Media Center Windows XP