  • Configuration
  • Media Center
  • Windows XP
August 21, 2004 12:18:14 AM

I would like to have the capability of xp pro, on a media
center machine. Are these products basicly different or
can I used media center and still have good networking
capabilites?

More about : pro media center

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 12:32:29 AM

The Windows Media Center PCs are XP Pro with extra "bits" to make it the
Media Center edition. Nothing from Pro is missing. Like thecTablet PC,
it's called a "superset".
www.coribright.com

"george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to have the capability of xp pro, on a media
> center machine. Are these products basicly different or
> can I used media center and still have good networking
> capabilites?
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 12:51:53 AM

George,

Keep in mind that Windows Media Center is only available pre-installed on
selected systems. It is not sold as a stand-alone operating system like
Windows XP, or any of the previous versions of Windows were. You will have
all the networking capability you need with either XP Pro or Media Center.

!