Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Wifi and MSI B75MA-P45 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
January 11, 2013 12:48:26 AM

Hello,

I know many probably think this is an incredibly dumb question on so many levels, but the combination of this being my first time building a computer and the layout of my apartment makes it so I need to ask.

This is the link to build I plan on using for my under $500 budget gaming/get me through college PC. The question I have is about the motherboard. Due to the layout of my apartment, the only place for me to hook up my internet system that doesn't involve a ton of cables is in the bedroom. Only problem is I plan on putting the laptop in the living room and would like to have the capability to connect to the internet wirelessly. Does the MSI B75MA-P45 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard have a built-in wireless capability (I read over the specs and didn't see anything hinting that it did, but I would like to double check)? If not, would I be able to install a wireless card using this motherboard?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT: I did some more searching and found a PCI card that I think would work with my motherboard:
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11n 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless PCI Express PCI-E Adapter. Ignoring the fact that plugging directly into the router would be the best option, would the above adapter be a decent alternative?

Best solution

a c 143 V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 2:30:24 AM

this board do not have wireless but you could use this kind of card assuming that your router have is having the wireless option .
January 11, 2013 2:51:19 AM

Thank you. It does have wireless capabilities. Guess I have another part to add to the shopping list.
m
l
January 11, 2013 2:51:21 AM

Best answer selected by noobsgalore.
m
l
Related resources
!