Sign in with
Your question

Computer won't start with New memory whatsoever

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
January 11, 2013 3:44:15 AM

Hello PC Gurus of the internet!

I am trying to upgrade my Asus M4a785TD-v Evo Mobo with some new ADATA DDR3 4gx16 Ram. Currently there are two sticks of ADATA 2gx16 DDR3 in the system.

The system will not boot whatsoever with either one or both sticks of new 4gig ram inserted. I have even pulled out the old 2gig sticks and replaced them with the 4gig sticks, and the system still will not boot.

When I only have the original 2gig sticks inserted, the system powers up and boots just fine.

I am perplexed and would love to know anyone's input on this issue please.

I read on an earlier forum here that the BIOS may have to be updated, and one person replied stating that fixed the issue. But I can't understand why the same brand/voltage of RAM (only bigger in size) would need a complete BIOS flash and update.

Thank you for your time as always,
Ryjil83
a c 80 } Memory
January 11, 2013 2:44:41 PM

Try to reset the CMOS by removing the small button battery, then using the 4GB RAM to see you can boot or not. Also is there any beeps when the PC can't boot?
m
l
January 22, 2013 9:19:01 PM

I almost the same problem. I have the same ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard and currently have 2x2 GB ADATA DDR3 16 ram. I am trying to add two more of the exact same sticks for a total of 8GB. My PC won't boot with the new ram inserted in either open slot. It is not making any beeps either.
m
l
!