6 x 512KB L2 Cache
Memory
8GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
1.5TB SATA
Optical Drive 1
16X DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Drive
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5750 with 1024MB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft DirectX 11, OpenGL 3.2, OpenCL 1.0
Audio

So the other morning I woke up and my PC was off, upon powering it on I was greeted by all the familiar post spam, The Drives are operational memory test ok .. here comes windows.. the colored balls start spinning and Freeze. GAH

Ok let me try it again, in Safe mode.. Freezes After about 30 seconds of loading Drivers. Ok let me try Repair my Windows option from f8 boot menu.. it Freezes there too. hmm. I went into Bios and rechecked my settings and Tried, Same result, so I set the biods to factory defaults. Still hangs.

Ok so im thinking, I have some important pics on my PC, i need these, I dismantled my PC and cleaned it spotless, just in case it was some heat issue, and tookt he HD to the college next door, recovered all my Pics, HD works fine.

so now im thinking Well let me try Booting ubuntu off a flash Drive without any hard drive or Cdrom interference, Same thing. it freezes about halfway in to booting up. Now linux was freezing as it was loading *pci bridge to {bus 03-03] (subtractive decode)*

so as a last ditch dumb try I removed the battery fromt he CMOS and let it sit a few days and I cleaned my ram and my connections, even switched it around and did the windows ram test.

Anyone have more suggestions? this sound like a mobo issue? if so why does it post and start to load, why would the PC just hang like that? :o 

More about : freezes starts loading

a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 6:31:48 AM

Paul Bucy said:
Brand
Gateway
Series
DX Series
Model
DX4320-19
Type
Student/Home office
Processor
AMD Phenom II X6 1035T(2.6GHz)
Processor Main Features
64 bit Six-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor
6 x 512KB L2 Cache
Memory
8GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
1.5TB SATA
Optical Drive 1
16X DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Drive
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5750 with 1024MB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, supporting Unified Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft DirectX 11, OpenGL 3.2, OpenCL 1.0
Audio

So the other morning I woke up and my PC was off, upon powering it on I was greeted by all the familiar post spam, The Drives are operational memory test ok .. here comes windows.. the colored balls start spinning and Freeze. GAH

Ok let me try it again, in Safe mode.. Freezes After about 30 seconds of loading Drivers. Ok let me try Repair my Windows option from f8 boot menu.. it Freezes there too. hmm. I went into Bios and rechecked my settings and Tried, Same result, so I set the biods to factory defaults. Still hangs.

Ok so im thinking, I have some important pics on my PC, i need these, I dismantled my PC and cleaned it spotless, just in case it was some heat issue, and tookt he HD to the college next door, recovered all my Pics, HD works fine.

so now im thinking Well let me try Booting ubuntu off a flash Drive without any hard drive or Cdrom interference, Same thing. it freezes about halfway in to booting up. Now linux was freezing as it was loading *pci bridge to {bus 03-03] (subtractive decode)*

so as a last ditch dumb try I removed the battery fromt he CMOS and let it sit a few days and I cleaned my ram and my connections, even switched it around and did the windows ram test.

Anyone have more suggestions? this sound like a mobo issue? if so why does it post and start to load, why would the PC just hang like that? :o 

Try disconnecting the Hd 5750 Card ....
January 11, 2013 6:55:40 AM

when removing the Video card and using the onboard VGA I get the same result and Windows Safe mode stops in exact same spot as well, but it was a good idea, i was optimistic for a second :D  even tried using the VGA cord instead of the HDMI on the onboard video JIC :D 
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 2:00:45 PM

Paul Bucy said:
when removing the Video card and using the onboard VGA I get the same result and Windows Safe mode stops in exact same spot as well, but it was a good idea, i was optimistic for a second :D  even tried using the VGA cord instead of the HDMI on the onboard video JIC :D 

Okay , before answering any more arbitrary solution WOULD you able to exactly remember and post what you did the last time the PC booted correctly.....something that could have caused this ????

!