Sign in with
Your question

Recommended Mobo and Memory

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 11, 2013 8:57:10 AM

Hi to everyone,

I am new to the forum and I would like to thank all of you in advance for your suggestions.

I am planning to upgrade my desktop pc from a system which has a Pentium 4 Prescott to an Intel Ivy Bridge Processeur Core i7-3770K / 3.50 GHz. At the moment I need the PC for browse internet, play movies, word processors and use of Photoshop. However in the near future I would like to do some Video Editing as well. Thus the system I was looking for is something that is ready to use (for example an integrated video card) which I can upgrade successively to a proper graphic card with 3D properties.

So the configuration that I have been looking for is:

Intel Ivy Bridge Processeur Core i7-3770K / 3.50 GHz 4 cores LGA 1155

Asus 90-MIBHS0-G0EAY0DZ P8Z77-V PRO Carte mère ATX Intel Socket 1155

Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B Mémoire RAM DDR3 1600 16 Go COR CL9 Vengeance Blue Kit4

SSD OCZ Agility 3 240 GB.

The system would be running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I am not sure if the integrated would work with this configuration. Alternatively I have a NVIDIA AGP video card (quite old in fact...6 years I think) which I could use but I do not see any AGP slot on this motherboard. Thus the first goal would be to make the internal video card and only after summer 2013 I will upgrade to a proper videocard.

Thanks again for your help.

Luca

More about : recommended mobo memory

a c 435 V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 11:08:14 AM

The integrated graphics on the 3770k will work fine for a non gaming setup. It's plenty fast for basic applications.
January 11, 2013 11:18:54 AM

thanks for your answer. would it be good enough for video editing applications?
January 11, 2013 7:34:18 PM

o1die said:
The integrated graphics on the 3770k will work fine for a non gaming setup. It's plenty fast for basic applications.

Keeping the same processor, which alternative motherboard do you recommend?

Second question. Does the i7 processor comes with a dissipator pre-installed or I need to buy one?

Thanks again

!