Sign in with
Your question

Need to know default bios for GA-78LMT-USB3 rev 4.1

Last response: in Motherboards
January 11, 2013 9:05:32 AM

I just bought this board and an 8350 chip. I'm frustrated, as I'm about to install the board, and I can't seem to figure out where I can get information on what the default bios is for rev 4.1. I don't want to install the cpu and water cooler only to find it won't post. I would be fine with the bios showing up so I can update it, or if I found out the bios for rev 4.1. supports 8350.

This is what I was hoping for
1. there is a sticker on the board somewhere indicating the bios version
2. gigabyte has this information on their website, what bios goes with rev 4.1
3. someone tells me from experience I can at least open the bios with this cpu, so it can be updated to the version required for 8350

I feel I've exhausted my 1 & 2 options, correct me if I'm wrong....
a c 334 V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 1:42:50 PM

I have the GA motherboard, I have been used the "Update BIOS NOT through Internet " to update the BIOS.

Download the @BIOS from here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

Install it, then run it that will show you which version BIOS you have.

If you want to upgrade it, don't use it with "the internet update method". You better download the BIOS to somewhere like usb drive or other folder on the desktop. And you can use the "Update BIOS NOT through Internet ". Because if you use the "internet update method", if something wrong like internet don't connect or PC freeze, then you will get big big trouble.
January 11, 2013 4:45:21 PM

My concern is that the FX 8350 won't even work with this motherboard without a bios upgrade (as i don't even know what version of the bios it has). I do not currently have an AMD CPU in this board, and would be hard pressed if it did not support the CPU or boot the bios, after installing the cpu and cooling, etc. it would be a real buzzkill-pain-in-the-butt.
Related resources
a c 334 V Motherboard
January 11, 2013 5:07:31 PM

For the company website, I can see as long as you have the version F3 that comes out on 10/2/12, the MB will support the FX8350. And the F4 version comes out 10/19/2012, so I think the MB should has the F3 at least.
January 17, 2013 11:07:40 PM

cin19 said:
For the company website, I can see as long as you have the version F3 that comes out on 10/2/12, the MB will support the FX8350. And the F4 version comes out 10/19/2012, so I think the MB should has the F3 at least.

I got it to work right out of the box, am on a FX 8350 system right now :) 
January 17, 2013 11:07:44 PM

cin19 said:

I got it to work right out of the box, am on a FX 8350 system right now :) 
Thanks for your help & followup
!