Hey, let me start off by saying that this is the first PC I have ever assembled myself. I'm new to this, so please forgive me if the solution is something easy. I've been doing some searching around, but can't find an answer.
Here's my set up:
1. Cooler Master HAF 912
2. AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
3. Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
4. SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB
5. G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
6. WD 750GB Caviar Black 7200rpm 6.0GB/s
7. ASUS M5A97 AM3+ Motherboard
So I'm sure I wired everything properly (I checked multiple times), but I get no video output when I connect to a monitor with a DVI cable connected to the graphics card. I just keep getting the "No signal" screen on the monitor.
I've checked to make sure my graphics card is powered, and it is.
[EDIT] In case it matters: I'm using the provided DVI-to-VGA adapter. It came with my graphics card.
Tell me more about the process that went into all this. Lay out what you did step by step.
With nothing on the monitor we are flying blind so sight as far as in the case and stuff like hearing the sounds being made are our tools to move forward. You are my eyes and ears here, so tell me what you see and hear in the PC as well as what you feel.
Are the cables securely fastened?
Is there a second DVI cable laying around somewhere you can try?