Which gtx 580 should i purchase?

Solution
I'd take either the MSI or the EVGA. The MSI because of the cooling (it's really good) or the EVGA because of their customer service and warranties, and because that specific one you linked was pre-overclocked.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Brand wise EVGA is typically number one, although MSI, Galaxy, and Asus are all definitely good as well. And in terms of Cooling, that all depends on you. Do you want the heat expelled outside the case (better ambient temperature for the rest of your computer but not as great GPU cooling as other options) or do you have enough airflow to warrant it being expelled inside (better heat dispersion off the GPU, increases ambient temperature of all other parts)?

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
The difference is very minor.

Are you planning on any SLi solution in the future? If not, any card with a non reference cooler would do just fine.

If you do plan on SLi, then I would have to suggest the reference cooler design (expels heat outside the case). This is due to the fact that non-reference design coolers often take up "slightly" more than 2 slots, making it almost impossible to have a 2 way SLi, nevermind 3, without some CRAZY huge motherboard.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Then any card with the non-reference cooler design should work great! Things you want to keep in mind is that any card that has an Overclock already included will cover that overclock in its warranty. Usually they're more expensive, and you could just as easily overclock a standard card with no issue, but then that overclock wouldn't be covered under warranty should something happen. Just something to keep in mind.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I'd take either the MSI or the EVGA. The MSI because of the cooling (it's really good) or the EVGA because of their customer service and warranties, and because that specific one you linked was pre-overclocked.

Solution