Ati Radeon HD 5770 overclocked problem !!!

Metal747

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Hi guys

so yesterday i accidently maximized the settings on my graphics card using MSI AFTERBURNER and my screen just turned grey (sometimes it turns blue).so the problem is i cant overclock it back to normal cause everytime i boot up the card kicks in and turns my screen into a different color without it letting me to revert the settings..i just need to know if there is a way i can access the cards settings in like safe mode or something without being interrupted . :(

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Start up in safe mode, open MSI Afterburner, disable the "apply on startup" function.

If you have integrated graphics on your motherboard, disable your GPU (or take it out), start it in safe mode, and then disable the "apply on startup".

If you don't, but have another graphics card laying around, do the same thing.

Metal747

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011

The thing is that in safe mode my pc does not detect my graphic card.its jst blank but ok il delete the drivers and re-install them and see what happens .

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
You might need to grab another GPU to get in and then disable MSIafterburner, then reinstall your old card and you should be good to go.

Let this be a lesson to you. Overclocking should be done in very small controlled steps with a backup plan always in place.

Metal747

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011

ok il do as u say...yeah lesson learned :[ ty for youre help